Streaming devices have become a go-place for many, as it makes their favorite content access from anywhere with ease. Roku is one such efficient streaming device to stream movies, TV shows, etc. Moreover, it lets us access various popular streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, and much more. However, though it offers many benefits to its users, it does not mean all the user’s expectations can be satisfied. So, people may look to delete their Roku account. However, this can be done with a few reliable methods, so we can choose any of them to complete the deletion process.
Methods to Delete Your Roku Account
At times, the Roku devices may not respond or work properly while streaming, or you may face other issues in subscribed channels. So, if you have decided to delete your Roku Account, here is how to do it.
How to Delete the Roku Account
1. First, Sign in to the Roku Account from the Official Roku website.
2. Select Manage your Subscription, and make sure to Cancel all the subscriptions you have made.
3. Tap on the Done button, and return to the My Account page.
4. Now, select the Deactivate account option.
5. An Feedback form appears on the screen.
6. Fill out the form and press the Continue to confirm the process.
Once the process gets over, the account will be deleted, and You won’t be able to access the account any further.
Alternative Methods to Delete Roku Account
Here are some alternative methods which are used to delete the Roku account from your device,
- Delete the account by Factory Reset
- By Delinking
- Delete Through website.
How to Delete Account Using Factory Reset
1. First, turn on the Roku device and click on the Home button on your remote.
2. From the home page, select the Settings menu.
3. Move to the System option from the menu.
4. Then, click on the Advance System Settings.
5. Now, press the Factory Reset option from the menu.
6. Enter the four-digit code on the right side using the Roku remote.
7. Click OK, and wait until the factory reset process is completed.
- You can also reset the device by pressing the Reset button at the back of the device without using a remote.
8. Now, your device gets reset and will restart again.
This process will delete the Roku account, and you can sign up with a new account on your Roku if needed.
How to Delete Account by Unlinking Account
1. Open the Roku official site on your device from a default browser.
2. Sign in to the Roku account you wish to delete.
3. Click on the Profile icon and the My Account button.
4. Scroll down to My linked devices from the menu list.
5. Now, you will get all the linked Roku devices listed on the screen.
6. Choose the Roku device you want to sign out of from the list.
7. Select the Roku device, and click on the Unlink button on the screen.
8. By doing so, you can remove the Roku device from the list.
How to Delete Account Via Website
1. Go to the My linked device screen and choose the Roku device you want to delete the account.
2. Then, Factory Reset the chosen Roku device.
3. Now, cancel all the Subscriptions within the account.
4. After this process, select the Deactivate Account button from the menu.
5. Finally, click on the Confirm button.
The only way to log out of a Roku account is to Factory Reset the Roku device. All you have to do is hold the reset button for 20 seconds until the power LED blinks.
A factory reset clears most data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration. Moreover, these cannot be restored, so make sure to back up all information beforehand.