Roku is a streaming device connected to Smart TVs with HDMI provision. A Roku remote accompanies the TV during the time of purchase. But, it would be annoying or frustrating when the Roku remote stopped working or was misplaced. During this instance, we might be unable to control the TV using a remote. Fortunately, they have launched an official Roku TV remote App that can control the TV device via your smartphone. This application is available for iOS and Android devices and has many features like voice search, Cast media files, and more. So, simply connect the Roku remote app to the TV and control the device.
Methods on How to Connect Roku Remote App to Roku TV
You can use two methods to connect the Roku Remote app to your Roku device. The methods are:
- Connect Roku Remote App to Roku Without Remote
- Connect Roku Remote App to Roku Using Hotspot
How to Connect Roku Remote App to Roku Without Remote
1. Make sure your Smartphone and Roku are connected to the same WiFi network.
3. From the Search result, choose the Official Roku Remote app and click Install or Get.
4. Launch the Roku remote app on your mobile device.
5. Sign in using your Roku account.
6. On the Roku remote Home page, tap on Devices in the bottom right corner of the screen.
7. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
8. Click on the Remote icon, and a remote control appears on the screen.
9. Now, use the remote to control your Roku TV.
Note: This method won’t work if you are connected to a different WiFi or can’t access the WiFi network.
How to Connect Roku Remote App Using Hotspot
1. You first need to set up a Hotspot on your Smartphone.
2. On your Roku device, select the Settings option on the home screen.
3. Scroll down and select the Network option under the Settings tab.
4. Click on Set up connection and select Wireless.
5. Choose your network from the available networks.
Note: If you can’t find your network, select the Scan again to see the all networks option. This will scan for all nearby networks and display them on the screen.
6. Enter your Password and click on Connect. You have now connected your Roku device to the hotspot network.
7. Go to the Notification panel and select WiFi on your secondary smartphone.
Note: This smartphone should not be the same smartphone in which you have enabled the hotspot.
8. From the available network, choose your Network and enter the Password.
9. Once connected to the network, install the Roku Remote app from the Play Store or App Store.
10. Open the Roku remote app and sign in using your account credentials.
11. Tap on Devices, and choose your Roku device from the devices list.
12. Select the Remote icon. Now you can control your TV using the Roku remote app.
Yes, all Roku devices support Roku remote app. But in some Roku devices, not all Roku remote features are supported.