Roku has a standalone app for mobile devices to simplify several tasks without the remote control. With this application, you can control your Roku device, cast the locally stored files, use it as a voice remote & keyboard, add or remove channel on Roku, etc. The Roku app is available for Android and iOS devices on the official app store. Even you can get the Roku app on your PC. So, if you are interested in getting the Roku app for your PC to control your Roku device, this is the article for you.
Features of the Roku App
Roku remote helps you in controlling your remote device. Through the remote, you can launch channels, movies, tv shows, add or remove channels, and more on your streaming device.
Roku Channel Store
Through the Roku Channel Store, you can add your favorite channels from thousands of available channels. The added channels will be available on your Roku device within 24 hours.
The Roku app also has a Voice Search feature that helps us search for channels and other things. With this feature, you can get rid of manual typing when searching for channels.
Private Listening is a feature that lets you listen to the audio from your Roku device through headphones connected to the device that you have the Roku app installed. This is helpful in situations when there are a lot of disturbances in your home.
Roku gives you thousands of movies, TV shows, and more. You can also get the latest movies and TV shows as the updates are done frequently.
How to Get Roku App for PC
There are two ways you can use to get the Roku app for PC. They are:
- Using the Microsoft Store
- Using BlueStacks
Install Roku App for PC using the Microsoft Store
1. Launch the Microsoft Store on your PC.
2. Click on the search box and enter Roku. Next, search for the Roku app.
3. Choose the Roku app from the search results.
4. Click on the Get button and install the Roku app on your PC.
Roku App for PC: Microsoft Store
5. Hit the Open button after installing the Roku app.
6. Connect your PC to the same wifi network as Roku.
7. Next, Sign in with your Roku account and pair the Roku app with your Roku device.
8. After that, you can navigate through your Roku device with the Roku app for PC.
With the Roku app, you can also click on the Remote icon below the home icon on the left corner to control your Roku device with a remote interface on a PC. You can avail the remote feature on your Windows computer and laptop. So, with the Roku app, you will be able to control your Roku device or TV from a Windows PC or laptop without a remote.
Install Roku App for PC using BlueStacks
BluStacks is an Android Emulator that you can use to run Android apps on your PC. In addition, BlueStacks is available for both Windows and Mac PC. So, you can use it to get the Roku app.
1. Download the BlueStacks Installer file from the official website of BlueStacks.
2. After downloading the BlueStacks installer file, open it and follow the onscreen prompts to install the emulator on your Windows or Mac PC.
3. Launch BlueStacks after installing it.
4. Click on the Sign in button and enter your Google account credentials to sign in to your account.
5. Next, hit the Google Play Store icon from the home screen.
6. Click on the search box from the top of the interface.
7. Enter and search for the Roku app.
8. Choose the Roku app from the search result and hit the Install button.
9. Finally, the Roku app will be installed on your Windows or Mac PC within minutes.
10. Go back to BlueStack’s home screen, and you will find the Roku app.
11. Click on the Roku app’s icon to launch it.
12. Make sure to sign in to the Roku app with your account credentials.
13. Connect your PC and Roku to the same wifi network.
14. Click on the Devices tab from the lower right corner.
15. A list of available devices will appear on the screen. From there, choose your Roku device.
Once the Roku device is paired with the Roku app, you can now control your Roku device with the app. Even you can now access popular channels like Netflix, Frndly TV, and more on your Roku easily.
BONUS – Download Roku App for Chromebook to Control your Roku Without a Remote
The official Roku app is unavailable for Chromebook. However, you can install the third party remote apps to control your Roku TV.
 Add RoByte from Chrome web store/Play Store on Chromebook.
 Ensure Roku and Chromebook are on the same Wi-Fi network.
 Launch RoByte and add your Roku device by clicking on Add (+) icon.
 After connecting with your device, it will display options to control the device.
If you want to control the Roku device with remote control, it is advisable to use the Roku mobile app instead of using the PC versions. It provides more options along with the ability to set screensavers on Roku with your own photos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Roku app is available for Windows 7 and 10 PC.
Yes, the Roku app is free to install and use.