YouTube is a streaming platform in which people can post and watch videos endlessly. With YouTube Premium, you can watch ad-free videos and get early access to new features on Roku and other devices. YouTube Premium provides the option to download videos for streaming offline, and you can also get access to the YouTube Music app. But if you have second thoughts or you need to take a break, then you can Cancel YouTube Premium on Roku using three methods.
YouTube Premium Pricing
YouTube offers three different premium plans to its users to watch videos and to avail the premium features.
- Premium: $11.99/ month (7-day free trial)
- Family: $22.99/ month (30-day free trial)
- Student: $6.99/ month (30-day free trial)
How to Cancel YouTube Premium on Roku
You can cancel subscriptions on Roku anywhere at any time. Likewise, to cancel YouTube premium on Roku, you can do it using the three methods.
- Using YouTube website
- On Roku device
- Using Roku website
How to Cancel YouTube Premium on the Website
1. Open a web browser and visit the YouTube website.
2. Now, click the Profile Avatar in the top right corner.
3. From the drop-down list, select the Purchases and memberships option.
4. Next, click on the Manage Membership option on your subscription.
5. In the next step, choose the Deactivate or Cancel option on the premium package.
6. Next, click on Continue to Cancel option on the pop-up.
Now you have officially canceled your YouTube premium subscription.
How to Cancel Premium on the Roku device
The next way to cancel your YouTube Premium is by using the Roku device.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Use the navigation keys and highlight the YouTube channel.
3. Now, press the * (Asterisk)button to open the sub-menu of the channel.
4. In the list of menus, Select Manage subscription.
5. Now, click on the Cancel subscription option.
6. Again, select Cancel subscription for confirmation.
Now you have canceled your YouTube premium on your Roku. You can use YouTube premium till the due date after canceling the subscription.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium on Roku Website
You can manage and add channels to your Roku by signing in with your Roku account on the website.
1. Open a web browser on a PC or Smartphone and visit the Roku website.
2. Now, Sign in with your Roku account.
3. Next, click on Manage accounts >> Manage your subscriptions.
4. From the list of subscriptions, Select the YouTube channel.
5. Now click on the Unsubscribe option.
5. Confirm it by choosing the Yes Unsubscribe option.
By confirming, you have canceled your YouTube premium subscription on your Roku device.
To cancel your free trial, you can do it easily with a web browser on a PC. To cancel, visit the YouTube website and select the Profile icon > Purchases and Subscription > Manage Membership > Deactivate > Continue to Cancel.