CNN is a popular American cable TV channel that is available in over 200+ countries. This news channel offers its content in various categories like business, politics, entertainment, health, and more. In addition, you can watch CNN on popular streaming services like Roku by installing the CNN app. Moreover, you can access the CNN app for free with the participating cable TV providers. Now, let us explore the possible ways to get CNN on Roku.
How to Add CNN on Roku
CNN is officially available on Roku Channel Store. So it is very easy to add it to your Roku Channel list.
1. Turn on your Roku and connect to an internet connection.
2. Go to the Roku home screen and scroll down to select Streaming Channels.
3. Roku Channel store opens up. Hover over to search Channels, search for and select the CNN app.
4. Select Add Channel from the CNN app information screen. The app will begin to download and install automatically on the Roku device.
5. Once the CNN app is installed, select the OK button from the prompt.
6. After that, select Go to Channel to open the app on your Roku device.
How to Activate CNN on Roku
You activate CNN app on Roku by following the steps below:
1. Launch the CNN app.
2. Next, choose the Sign in button and get the activation code.
3. Make a note of the activation code and visit the activation webpage of CNN: https://edition.cnn.com/activate/.
4. Select Roku on the screen.
5. In the next step, enter the activation code on the required field and select the Continue to Verify button.
6. After that, select and enter your cable TV subscription credentials to verify your account.
7. Once verified, the CNN app will be activated.
8. Next, you can go back to the CNN app to stream your favorite shows.
How to Watch CNN on Roku Without a Cable
The following are the supported streaming service that you need to install to watch the CNN channel without a cable.
1. Sling TV
To watch the CNN channel at an affordable price, Sling TV on Roku is the only option you have left with. You only need to subscribe to the basic subscription plan of Sling Orange at $35 per month to access the CNN channel with 30 other live TV channels. Along with the live TV channels, you will also get a 50-hour cloud DVR storage to record your favorite shows.
2. DirecTV Stream
With the DirecTV Stream’s Entertainment plan at $69.99 per month, you can get the CNN channel. Apart from the CNN channel, you will also get 60+ live TV channels like the Cartoon Network, Bravo, Food Network, Paramount Network, TBS, and more. Moreover, you will also get unlimited cloud DVR storage upon subscribing to any of the DirecTV Stream’s subscription plans. Also, you can get DirecTV Stream on Roku.
As a part of the Hulu+Live TV subscription plan at $69.99 per month, you can get the CNN channel. This subscription plan offers you 70+ live TV channels with unlimited cloud DVR storage. Also, you have the option to stream Hulu on two devices simultaneously. So, get Hulu on Roku and stream the CNN channel.
4. YouTube TV
With the YouTube TV on Roku subscription at $64.99 per month, you can access 70+ live TV channels along with the CNN channel. Some additional features that you will get along with the Hulu subscription are unlimited cloud DVR storage and the option to access YouTube TV on three devices simultaneously.
You can access CNN on Roku for free by signing in with the popular cable TV provider account.
Check if you have selected the right cable TV provider or generate a new activation code to fix the CNN activation not working issue.
editions.cnn.com/activate takes to a web site but does not have any input fields. I tried cnn.it/roku and ended up on the same ‘dead-end’ page.
Roku is ready to go showing my activation code. I have a paid subscription to xfinity.com with CNN. But the activation site doesn’t work.
Any help would be appreciated.
The Input field is missing from the website. Please contact CNN customer care and state the issue with them.