CNN, or Cable News Network, currently owned by Warner Bros, is a popular American news channel that is available in over 200+ countries. This leading streaming platform offers content in various categories like business, politics, entertainment, health, and more. Popular shows on the channel include Parental Guidance with Anderson Cooper, 5 Things with Kate Bolduan, Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown, and Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy. CNN is available in the Roku Channel Store for direct installation on Roku devices. Since it is a cable TV channel, you must get a cable TV provider subscription to access it live.
How Much is CNN on Roku?
Find below a few cable TV providers offering CNN on their service.
- Optimum and more.
What’s on CNN on Roku?
- Watch live TV content of the channel in HD streaming quality.
- Gain access to programming from its Archive.
- CNN also offers live content from the HLN network and CNN International.
- Watch CNN Originals, Documentaries, and on-demand films available on the channel exclusively.
How to Add CNN on Roku
1. Turn on your Roku and connect it to the internet.
2. Go to the Roku home screen and scroll down to select Streaming Channels.
3. The Roku Channel store opens up. Hover over to Search Channels, search for CNN TV app, and select it from the search results.
4. Select the Add Channel option from the CNN channel information screen. The app will begin to download and install automatically on the Roku device.
5. Select the OK button from the prompt once the CNN app is installed.
6. Afterward, select Go to Channel to open the TV app on your Roku device.
Alternative Way to Add CNN on Roku
1. On any web browser on your PC or Smartphone, visit the Roku Channel Store website.
2. Click on the Sign in button at the top right corner, provide the necessary credentials, and sign in to your Roku account.
3. Tap on the Search channels bar and type in CNN.
4. Choose the channel and click the Details button next to it.
5. Click the + Add Channel button to add CNN to your Roku device.
6. The channel will be added to your Roku device within 24 hours. You can update your Roku firmware to instantly add the channel.
How to Activate & Watch CNN on Roku
After the CNN channel gets added, you should activate it to access its content on Roku. The following steps will guide you on how to do it.
1. Launch the CNN app.
2. Next, choose the Sign in button within the app and get an activation code.
3. Make a note of the activation code and visit the activation webpage of CNN (https://edition.cnn.com/activate/).
4. Select Roku on the screen.
5. In the next step, enter the activation code on the required field and select the Continue to Verify button.
6. After that, select your cable TV provider name on the next screen and enter your cable TV account credentials to verify your account.
7. Once verified, the CNN app will be activated.
8. Next, you can go back to the CNN app and refresh or restart it to get all the breaking news and favorite live shows.
How to Watch CNN on Roku Without a Cable
There are possibilities to watch the CNN channel on Roku without getting a costly cable TV subscription. Certain streaming platforms include the CNN channel on their service, which is way cheaper than a cable TV subscription. Such platforms are given below so that you can choose the apt one.
To watch the CNN channel at an affordable price, Sling TV on Roku is the only option that will be a great value for your money. Along with local and international live TV channels, you will also get on-demand content, several add-ons, and a 50-hour cloud DVR storage to record your favorite shows.
You only need to subscribe to the Basic subscription plan of Sling Orange at $40 per month to access the CNN channel with 30 other live TV channels.
DirecTV on Roku offers unlimited DVR storage with all its subscription plans. You will also get 165+ live TV channels like the Cartoon Network, Bravo, Food Network, Paramount Network, TBS, and more, along with the CNN channel.
With the DirecTV Stream’s Entertainment plan at $64.99 per month, you can get the CNN channel.
Hulu on Roku is an on-demand streaming platform with 85+ live channels, VOD, and unlimited cloud DVR storage. You have the option to stream Hulu on two devices simultaneously. You can even get a lot of add-ons and bundles to access premium content from various channels.
As a part of the Hulu+Live TV subscription plan at $69.99 per month, you can get the CNN channel.
You can access CNN on Roku for free by signing in with the popular cable TV provider account.
Check if you have selected the right cable TV provider or generate a new activation code to fix the CNN activation not working issue.