Crave is the popular Canadian online-video streaming platform owned by Bell Media. Crave TV/ Crave has officially owned the full Roku support on smartphones and the Web. Recently, Bell Media announced that Crave streaming videos would be available on all Roku devices and its networking platforms. Official channels can be added to Roku devices by using Roku Channel Store, which involves Showtime, Classic HBO, Letterkenny, and more. So, if you are interested, let us show you how to add Crave TV on Roku from this article.
The services of Crave TV are not offered for free, and you need to subscribe to this platform to gain access. And the following are the subscription plans offered by the Crave platform:
Crave Mobile – $9.99 per month
Crave Total – $19.99 per month
Related: How to Install BritBox on Roku
Crave TV is available for all online-video streaming platforms except PlayStation 4. The users can stream content in both English and French. The supported platforms are listed below:
- Apple TV
- Amazon Firestick
- Xbox One Controller
- Android TV
- Samsung Smart TV
Can I Watch Crave TV on Roku?
Yes, with the Crave TV’s availability on the Roku channel store, it is easy for you to add it. However, you need a subscription to access the Crave platform. And the following section will guide you through the same.
How to Add Crave TV on Roku
The following steps will help you to add Crave TV to your streaming device:
1. Turn on your Roku-connected TV and connect to an internet connection.
2. Then, from the home screen, select Streaming Channels.
3. Next, scroll down and choose the Search Channel option.
4. Now, from the virtual keyboard, enter Crave and search for it.
5. Then, choose the Crave app from the search result.
6. Click on the Add Channel button to add the Crave TV to your stream device.
7. Once the Crave TV is added, select the OK button.
8. Next, click on the Go to Channel option to launch the Crave TV.
Related: How to access Live NetTV on Roku
How to Activate Crave TV on Roku
You can follow the steps below to activate the Crave TV on Roku to stream on it.
1. Once you launch the Crave TV, you can see an activation code displayed on the screen. Note the activation code down. Alternatively, you can click on the Sign In button to get an activation code.
2. Now, open any web browser to visit the activation page of Crave TV crave.ca/roku.
3. Enter your login credentials of Crave TV to sign in to your account or sign in with your cable TV provider account.
4. Then, enter the activation code on the respective fields and click on Submit.
5. Now, you have successfully activated the Crave TV on your Roku.
6. Next, you can relaunch the Crave TV on your streaming device to stream on it.
Alternative Method – Watch Crave TV on Roku
As an alternative method, you can screen mirror the Crave app from your Android Smartphone. But you must have enabled the Screen mirroring feature on your Roku TV. To do the same, go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen mirroring mode. Then, click on the Prompt or Allways Allow option to enable the screen mirroring on your Roku.
Important Note: Don’t forget to connect your Roku TV and Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. After enabling the screen mirroring on your Roku TV, go to the Google Play Store on your Android Smartphone.
2. Then, search and install the Crave app.
3. Next, swipe your Android Smartphone’s screen from up to down. This brings down the Notification Panel.
4. Tap on the Cast option from the Notification Panel and select your Roku device.
5. After that, launch the Crave app and sign in to your account.
6. First, choose a movie, then play it, and it will be streaming on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Crave from PC
Initially, connect your Roku TV and PC to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below.
1. Open any web browser on your PC.
2. Then, visit the official website of the Crave app.
3. Next, sign in with your Crave subscription credentials.
4. Choose any movie or web series you want and play it.
5. Then, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
6. Now, choose your Roku device. Finally, the movie or web series from Crave will stream on your TV.
Related: How to install Acorn TV on Roku
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Crave TV is available on the channel store.
No, you need a subscription to get access to Crave TV on Roku.
To access Crave TV on Roku, you need to subscribe with Crave’s Total package of $19.99 per month.