Hotstar is a streaming service that features various shows and movies from Star Network Inc. The featured contents include Star Network shows, movies, Disney shows, etc. You can also get access to certain live sports events. The app is available in various countries like India, Canada, the US, and Singapore. The app is available on various platforms like Android, iOS, Smart TVs, etc. For Roku users, The app is officially available on the Roku Channel Store. It implies that you can install Hotstar on Roku. All you have to do is install the application and activate it with your account to stream the content.
How to Install Hotstar on Roku
It does offer free content, but they do have subscription plans. The premium subscription costs $49.99/year. With this, you can watch movies and TV shows even before they telecast on TV.
1. Connect your Roku streaming device to the TV via HDMI port.
2. Turn on your TV and launch the Roku player.
3. Connect your Roku device to the internet.
4. Now, sign-in with your login credentials.
5. On the Roku home screen, click on the Streaming Channels.
6. From the Roku Channel Store, click on the Search Channels.
7. On the search field, type Hotstar with the help of on-screen keyboard.
8. Select the Hotstar app from the list of available apps.
9. On the app installation screen, click on Add Channel.
10. The Hotstar app will install on your Roku device.
11. Then, click on Go To Channel to launch the app.
12. Now, you need to activate the app with the Hotstar account. Click on the My Account option in the bottom-right corner.
13. A activation code will appear on the screen.
14. From your phone or computer, go to the Hotstar Activation site.
15. Log in to your Hotstar account by entering your email id and password.
16. Enter the activation code and click Continue.
17. Once the verification was successful, the Hotstar app on TV will refresh and start loading the contents.
Hotstar Not Working on Roku
If the Hotstar app on Roku has failed to load contents, follow these simple solutions
- Update your Roku firmware to the latest version (if available)
- Clear Cache on Roku.
- Uninstall and re-install Hotstar app.
- Restart your Roku, and then use the app.
- If the above solutions fail to fix the issue, reset your Roku and start using it from scratch.
With the Hotstar app, you can stream unlimited live sports, Hotstar Specials, and Star Serials before airing on TV. You can also watch Disney+ movies, Hollywood movies & Kids content, English shows, and Disney+ Originals in selected countries. Let us know your queries related to the guide in the comment section.