Xumo, currently owned by Comcast, has rebranded its streaming platform as Xumo Play. Xumo Play is a single window to unlimited entertainment with an impressive library of Hollywood movies, sports, music, lifestyle, science, technology, and reality shows. You also get exposed to sports analysis and sports matches like PGA Tour and more than 1000 on-demand titles. An astonishing fact is Xumo Play is completely free to access. Apart from its wide variety of content, it also offers a fast and hassle-free streaming experience. Xumo Play is found on the Roku Channel Store. So, you can directly install the channel on Roku.
How Much is Xumo Play on Roku?
As previously mentioned, Xumo Play is free to download on Roku. It doesn’t require a subscription process, login, or even registration.
What’s on Xumo Play?
- Its programs are categorized into 12 tiers like News, Sports, Kids & Family, Comedy & more.
- Xumo Play’s film library is the home of thriller, comedy, and classic movies.
- Keep yourself updated with the latest news updates with NBC News, USA Today, Time, and CBSN.
- You can watch many of the latest and popular shows on Xumo Play that cover categories like cooking, reality, and lifestyle.
- Over thirteen channels like Ameba, Toon Googles, and Cool School are there on the platform for kids exclusively.
- Has a separate category for channels on Technology and science.
How to Add Xumo Play on Roku
1. Navigate to and select the Streaming Channels option from the Roku home screen.
2. Select the Search Channels option on the menu.
3. Search for Xumo Play on the search bar using the virtual keyboard.
4. Pick the Xumo Play channel from the search results.
5. On the App overview page, choose the Add Channel option.
6. Click on OK as the download completes.
7. Next, choose the Go to Channel option to launch Xumo Play.
8. That’s it! You can now surf through the available content of Xumo Play and select anything to watch on Roku.
Alternative Method to Stream Xumo Play on Roku
You can also add the Xumo Play channel to Roku without even turning on the device. It is possible through the Roku Channel Store website. Here’s how to do it.
1. Open any web browser and go to the Roku Channel Store website.
2. Tap on the Sign in button at the top right corner and provide your credentials to sign in to your Roku account.
3. Select the Search channels bar and type in Xumo Play.
4. Continue the search and choose the app from the search lists.
5. Click the Details button and the + Add Channel button on the next screen.
6. After a few seconds, the channel installation will be done on your Roku device.
Note: Your request to add the channel will now be processed within 24 hours. You can update your Roku firmware to add the channel instantly.
How to Screen Mirror Xumo Play to Roku
With the official Xumo Play app on your Android or iPhone, you can easily screen mirror and watch it on Roku. But before starting with the process, you must take care of the following prerequisites:
- Connect your Android device or iPhone and Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Enable the Screen Mirroring option on Roku.
- Go to the Google Play Store or the App Store on your Android or iPhone and install the Xumo Play app.
Screen Mirror Xumo Play to Roku from Android Device
1. Make sure your Android device is turned on and connected to the internet.
2. Swipe down the screen to go to the Notification Panel on your Android device.
3. Find the Cast icon from the Notification Panel and tap on it.
4. Your Android device will scan and display a list of available devices. Select your Roku device from it.
5. After it establishes a connection with Roku, your Android device screen will be mirrored to Roku.
6. Launch the already installed Xumo Play app and choose what to watch on your mobile and Roku concurrently.
Screen Mirror Xumo Play to Roku from iPhone
1. Navigate to the Control Center on your iPhone.
2. Click the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Roku device.
3. The iPhone’s screen will display on your Roku device.
4. Launch the Xumo Play app on your iPhone and pick any on-demand content. Whatever you’ve selected on your iPhone will run on the Roku screen.
You can access the XUMO platform without even paying a penny. But you have to bear with certain ads.