Your Roku TV supports a lot of external devices like gaming consoles, speakers, DVD players, and more. Even you can connect Antenna to Roku TV and watch free-to-air channels. But to manage these external devices, you need to change the input on your Roku TV. Moreover, it is a simple procedure to change the input on your Roku TV.
Can I Change the Input on Roku TV
Yes, you can change the input of your Roku TV. But first, you need to connect an external device to your Roku TV and set up the input. Then, only you can switch between the inputs on your Roku TV.
What Inputs Can I Find on My Roku TV
You can find three types of inputs on your Roku TV to which you can connect multiple devices.
- HDMI input – It is most suitable for connecting cable and satellite TV receivers.
- AV IN Input – You can connect cable TV boxes to this input.
- Cable & Antenna Input – You can connect Antenna to this port.
How to Change Input on Roku TV
It is a two-step procedure to change the input on your Roku TV. They are:
- Connect an external device to the HDMI Port of your TV and set up the input
- Change the Input from the Home screen
Connect External Device on Roku TV to Set Up TV Input
Once you connect an external device to your Roku TV, it will be automatically configured. If your device is not configured, follow the steps below:
1. Turn on your Roku TV and connect an external device to the HDMI port of your TV.
2. Then, go to the Roku home screen by pressing the Home button on your remote.
3. On the left pane home menu, scroll down and select the Settings option.
4. Scroll down and select the TV inputs option.
5. Choose the HDMI Port to which you have connected the external device to. Then, press the OK button on your remote.
6. Then, select the Set up Input option.
7. Now, your Roku TV will automatically detect and configure the external device you have connected to.
Change Input on your Roku TV
1. Go to the home screen of your Roku TV.
2. Make sure you have selected the Home option.
3. Next, press the Right button on your remote.
4. Choose the TV Input you have configured and follow the on-screen instructions to change the input of your TV.
How to Change Input on Roku TV Without Remote
There are two ways for you to change the input on Roku TV without a remote. They are:
Use the Physical buttons on your Roku TV to change the Input
The following are the steps you can use to change the input of your TV using the physical button present at the bottom of your TV.
1. Press the button you can find on the bottom of your TV. This brings up a menu on your Roku TV
2. Hit the button on your Roku TV once to scroll down the menu.
3. Choose the input that you want to switch to and wait for 2 seconds.
Doing this will change the desired input you want on your Roku TV.
Use the Roku Remote App to Change the Input of your TV
In case you face any issues with your remote, you can anytime connect Roku remote app to your TV. Then, you can able to connect your Roku TV without a remote. After that, you can use the virtual remote from the Roku remote app on your smartphone to change the input.
How to Set Default Input on Roku TV
If you are planning to set the default input on your device, follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Settings menu on your Roku device.
2. Scroll down and select System under Settings.
3. Under System Settings, choose the Power Settings option.
4. Choose Power On.
5. Now, select the Input Option you want to select as default.
6. Once you choose your preferred default input, press the Home button on your Roku device remote to save all the changes.
Doing this will help you get to your preferred TV input each time you turn on your Roku TV.
How to Rename Inputs on Roku TV
You also have the option to rename the inputs you have configured on your Roku TV. This will help you in identify the devices you have configured on your Roku TV easily.
1. Go to the home screen of your Roku TV.
2. Then, select the Home tab if it’s not selected. Then, press the Right arrow button on your Roku remote.
3. Now, select the HDMI input that you want to rename.
4. Then, press the Asterisk button on your Roku remote.
5. Select the Rename Input option.
6. You will now be able to customize the TV input name based on your preference.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can configure the HDMI input manually from Settings > TV Inputs.
Restart your Roku TV and fix the issues with changing the input on your Roku TV.