Your Roku has many features like you can set your favorite channels to access it easily and other features like finding your lost Roku remote. To get these features, you need to navigate through the Roku Settings. By default, the language on your Roku Settings will be English. But English is not the only language every user can understand. Since Roku supports more than 30+ languages, you change the language of your choice anytime you want.
Change the Language on Roku
The language on Roku can be easily changed for your convenience. In most Roku devices, English is set as the default language. You might change this default language into another language of your preference forever or for a short time. However, you can always return to the default language, English, on Roku.
It has two different language settings.
- Roku Interface language
- Roku Subtitle language
Change Interface Language on Roku
The Interface language is the general language you see on Roku. To change this language to any language of your choice, follow these instructions.
1. Firstly, turn on your TV and connect to your Roku device.
2. On your home screen, select the Settings option.
3. Next, select the System option.
4. Next, choose the Language option.
5. Now, you can see the list of languages supported on your Roku device. Finally, choose the language you want on your Roku device.
With this, you have changed the interface language on Roku. You can see that the language on Roku has changed.
Change the Subtitle Language on Roku
The Subtitle Language is the language in which the subtitles appear on Roku. As you know, it is different from the Interface language. On Roku, you can choose the convenient subtitle language as well.
1. Firstly, select the Settings option from your Roku home screen.
2. Secondly, select the Captions option.
3. Next, choose the Captions Style option.
4. Next, select the Captions preferred language option.
5. Now, you can see a list of available languages. Finally, choose the language of your preference from the list.
Alternative Method – Change Language on Roku
If your Roku remote is not working, you can use the Roku app’s remote interface to control your Roku TV.
Note: Make sure you have connected your Android or iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below:
1. Install the Roku app on your Android or iOS devices.
Roku app for Android device: Google Play Store
Roku app for iOS device: App Store
2. Tap on the Profile icon from the upper right corner.
3. Select the Sign In button and enter your credentials to sign in to your Roku account.
4. Hit the Devices tab from the bottom of the screen.
5. From the list of available devices, select your Roku device.
6. After a successful connection, tap on the Remote tab.
Now, you can use the remote interface to navigate through the Roku Settings to change the language on Roku.
In most cases, every Roku device will be in the English language. If it is not the case for you, you can change the language anytime you want.
Yes, you can change Roku to Spanish.