Xbox is one of the best gaming devices in the market. As we all know, Roku is undoubtedly the best streaming device to access any kind of streaming platform. But one few people are aware that gaming is also possible on Roku. Moreover, you can even connect both your Xbox and Roku OS-powered TVs together and get a robust gaming experience. If you are a newbie who’s getting to know this fact just now or if you are in need of guidance on how to connect your Xbox console and Roku TV, this article would be of great help to you.
Ways to Connect Xbox to Roku TV
Some of the ways to connect Xbox to Roku TV are listed below.
Connect Xbox to Roku TV Using HDMI Cable
This is the most direct and easiest method to connect your Xbox to your Roku TV. Here, we use an HDMI cable to connect both devices through the HDMI ports available. This method is suitable for all the latest Xbox devices like Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox 360, etc. To do this method,
1. Connect one end of the HDMI wire to the HDMI OUT port on your Xbox and the other end to the HDMI ARC port on your Roku TV.
2. Plug in the power cord and turn on both devices.
3. Now, your Roku TV will detect a new device and ask you to choose a name.
4. Scroll down using the Roku remote and select Edit custom name & icon. Name it Xbox for your convenience.
5. After the initial setup, Xbox will appear on your Roku TV’s home screen.
6. Now, open Settings on your Roku TV and choose System.
7. In that, select Advanced system settings and select Power.
8. Select the Power on option and choose your Xbox from the list of devices displayed. After this, your Roku TV will automatically take you to your Xbox’s home screen.
9. After hooking up Xbox to Roku TV, you can play games or any media using Xbox connected to your Roku TV.
Connect Xbox to Roku TV Using the Xbox App
In this method, we stream games from Xbox via the Xbox app installed on your PC or Smartphone and cast the content to your Roku TV.
2. Sign in to the app with the same Microsoft account on the Xbox app and the Xbox console.
3. On your Xbox app, connect to your Xbox console and enable Remote play on it.
4. After this, you can access your Xbox account on your Mobile/PC.
5. Now, screen mirror the app on Roku, and watch the contents displayed on the Xbox App on your Roku TV simultaneously.
Connect Xbox to Roku TV via TV’s Composite Port
Connecting via composite ports is an outdated and old method. Use this method only if your Roku TV’s HDMI port is wholly occupied or you are using a very old version of Xbox. This method requires an HDMI to RCA converter, an RCA cable, and an HDMI cable.
1. Take your HDMI cable and connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI OUT port on your Xbox console and the other end to the HDMI input port to your RCA converter.
2. Next, take the color-coded RCA cables and connect one end of it to the output port on the RCA Converter.
3. Connect the other end to your Roku TV’s composite or the component unit provided to its right. Insert every wire into the exact color codes.
4. Power on all your devices, including the RCA Converter.
5. Now, go to Settings on your Roku Tv.
6. Scroll down and select TV inputs. In that, navigate to the AV option and turn it on.
7. Now, you can access your Xbox on your Roku TV and play games and media.
NOTE: There will be a lag in video quality while you connect Xbox to Roku TV using this method.
Connect Xbox to Roku TV via VGA cable
You require a VGA HDMI converter to connect a VGA HD AV cable to your Roku TV. If you are a user of Xbox 360, which has a VGA port to connect to the TV, then read this forthcoming method.
1. Connect the larger end of the VGA HD AV cable to your Xbox console.
2. Then, connect the other end to the VGA-HDMI converter.
3. After this, connect the HDMI cable extending from the converter to the HDMI ARC port on your Roku TV.
4. VGA HD AV also has a red & white cable for audio. Connect those cables directly to your Roku TV’s composite unit provided behind.
5. Now, turn on your Xbox console and Roku TV.
6. Go to Settings on your Roku TV and go to TV inputs.
7. Turn on the AV option in that.
8. Now, you can start using Xbox 360 on your Roku TV via VGA cable.
By using the HDMI cable, connect Xbox One to Roku TV. Insert one end of the HDMI wire into the HDMI OUT port on your Xbox and the other end into the HDMI ARC port on your TCL Roku TV.