Roku is a popular streaming device that connects to the HDMI port of your TV. It gives you access to unlimited entertainment through free and paid content. With different channels of Netflix, Amazon, SlingTV, Hulu, YouTube, and other similar platforms, you can stream unlimited content. Some give you content with a paid subscription, while others are totally free. Moreover, you have features to hide channels on Roku as well. Let’s discuss this today.
Why do we have to hide channels on Roku?
The reason for hiding channels can be different for different Roku users. Parental Control is just one of the reasons to hide channels on Roku, yet important. As we know, all the service providers have content unsuitable for kids. So, there arises a need for parental control on Roku. To hide channels on Roku, lock the Channel list with a 4-digit password, preventing further addition of channels on Roku.
How to Set a Roku Pin?
With a 4-digit passcode, let’s prevent further addition of channels on the Channel List.
1. Firstly, Log In to your Roku account from a smartphone or a PC.
2. Secondly, choose the Pin preference option.
3. Next, choose the Update option. Further, choose the option that requires a PIN for adding channels to the Channel Store.
4. Next, Enter the 4 digit pin on the space provided for the same.
5. Finally, select the Verify option and Save Changes option.
Remove Channels on Roku
After setting a PIN for adding channels, let us remove all unwanted channels on Roku. Follow these easy steps.
1. Initially, press the Home button on your remote to launch the Roku home page.
2. Next, select the My Channels options from the home screen using the Roku remote.
3. Now, navigate to the channel you want to remove using the remote.
4. Click on the asterisk * key on the remote. Further, click on the Remove Channel option.
5. Next, press on OK. Further, click OK again on being prompted.
With this, you have removed one of your channels. If you have more channels to remove, repeat the same on all of those.
Hide Channels from appearing on the Store
Further, if you need to hide a channel from appearing on the Store.
1. Press the Home button and go to the home page.
2. Next, Select the Settings option and then the Home Screen option.
3. Next, select the Arrow on the right corner of your screen.
4. Finally, select the Movie Store and TV Store and then Hide.
Related: How to Change Roku Screensaver?
There are many channels on the Roku store for you to download and access. Furthermore, you can hide them, whether it is for preventing your kids from accessing all channels or for any other reason. You can hide a channel from showing up on the Channel Store or use a PIN to prevent the addition of new channels to your Channel list. Of course, you can always remove the PIN and un-hide your channels as you wish.