Roku is a streaming device that supports streaming services and Antenna channels in its platform streaming. With many channels around, you can customize your Roku home screen by creating shortcuts to your favorite channel for quick access. Likewise, you can hide channels on your Roku from the home screen and from the channel store with simple tweaks in Roku settings.
Why do we have to Hide Channels on Roku?
The reason for hiding channels can be different for different Roku users. Parental Control is just one of the reasons to hide channels on Roku, yet important. As we know, all the service providers have content unsuitable for kids. So, there arises a need for parental control on Roku. To hide channels on Roku, lock the Channel list with a 4-digit password, preventing further addition of channels on Roku.
How to Set a Roku Pin
To create a 4-digit secure pin on Roku,
1. Open any web browser and visit the Roku website and sign in to your Roku account.
2. Now, navigate and select the Update button under the Pin preference section.
3. Next, select a pin preference of your choice and enter the 4-digit pin on the pop-up displayed on the screen.
4. Now, select the need to create the pin.
5. Then, select the Verify option and Save Changes option.
6. By following the above steps, you can update the newly created pin on your Roku device.
How to Remove Channels on Roku via Pin
You can remove the unwanted channels you want from your home screen using the Roku remote easily.
1. Turn on Roku and go to the home page of Roku.
2. Next, select the My Channels options from the home screen.
3. Now, navigate to the channel you want to remove using the remote.
4. Click on the * (Asterisk)key on the remote.
5. Now select the Remove Channel option from the pop-up displayed on the screen.
6. Next, press OK to remove the channel from Roku.
7. Select OK again for confirmation of removing the channel if prompted.
NOTE: You must enter your Roku PIN to remove the channel on your streaming device.
How to Hide Channels from Appearing on the Store
Instead of removing it, you can hide the channels on Roku from the home screen using Roku settings.
1. Turn on Roku and go to the home page.
2. Next, Select the Settings option on the home screen.
3. Now, click on the Home Screen option on the screen.
4. Under the Home screen section, select Movie Store and TV store options.
5. Finally, select the hide option on the right to hide channels from the home screen.
How to Hide Channel Shortcuts on Roku
1. On the Roku home screen, select the Settings option from the screen.,
2. Under Settings, select the TV inputs option.
3. Now, choose Live TV and click on the Hide Streaming TV channel option.
4. On the screen, choose the Hide all button to hide all channels.
How to Hide Antenna Channels on Roku TV
You may have now noted that the Antenna channels are not most suited to family audiences. So, you can block the same by following the steps below.
1. On the Roku Home screen, click on the Settings option.
2. Then, scroll down and select the TV Inputs option.
3. Next, select the Antenna TV option.
4. Finally, you can choose any Antenna channel to restrict it.
After completing the steps above, all the Antenna channels will be blocked, and to unblock it enter your Roku PIN.
These are some of the ways to hide and remove unwanted channels and shortcuts from your Roku home screen and device.