Roku is a cost-efficient media player to choose from if you like to transform your smart TV into an ultimate entertainment hub. It is due to the large number of streaming channels support Roku offers its users. Apart from official channels, Roku users can also stream content from third-party providers. For instance, Popcorn Time is one such streaming service, and the article will deal with Popcorn Time on Roku in brief. With Popcorn Time, you can start streaming your favorite movies, TV shows, and other content. In addition, it will bring the best torrents from the web, and you can stream them instantly online.
Can I Stream Popcorn Time on Roku?
Yes. Popcorn Time is available on different platforms. However, you need to use an Android or Windows device to watch it on Roku TV. With this, you can start watching Popcorn Time content on Roku at any time.
Features of Popcorn Time
The most impressive features of Popcorn Time are as follows.
- With Popcorn Time, you can watch movies or shows for an unlimited time.
- The database of this streaming service will be updated on a regular basis.
- It will bring the best version of any movies or TV shows from the web.
- You can also stream almost any content in HD quality with subtitle support.
Related: How to Get VLC on Roku
How to Install Popcorn Time on Roku?
Installing Popcorn Time on Roku isn’t easy as it isn’t available as an official version available on Roku Store. However, you can screen mirror the PopcornTime app from your Android Smartphone, PC, and Mac. But you need to enable the screen mirroring feature on your Roku TV to screen mirror your smart devices to your streaming device.
How to Access Popcorn Time Roku Channel using Plex?
If you have a Plex media player on Roku as well as Windows PC, then it is possible to access the Popcorn Time app on Roku.
#1. First of all, you should launch Popcorn Time on PC.
#2. Click on the Channels section after the setup process.
#3. Search for Popcorn Time and download it from its official web page.
#4. Meanwhile, open the Plex channel on Roku from the Channel store section.
#5. Provide the same login credentials as PC on Roku.
#6. With this, you can access Popcorn Time using Plex on the streaming device.
How to Enable the Screen Mirroring on Roku
To enable the screen mirroring on Roku, you can follow the steps below.
1. Select the Settings from the home screen of your Roku TV.
2. Then, scroll down and select the System option.
3. Now, choose Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring mode.
4. Finally, click on the Prompt or Allways Allow to enable the screen mirroring on your Roku device.
How to Screen Mirror Popcorn Time on Roku from Android Smartphone?
1. Open any browser on your Android SMartphone.
2. Search for the PopTime app and choose a reliable source to download the PopcornTime APK.
3. Then, go to the Settings on your Android Smartphone and turn on the Unknown Sources feature.
4. Now, Open the APK File you have downloaded and tap on the Install button.
5. Next, launch the Popcorn Time app.
6. Choose any of your favorite movies or TV show and play them.
7. Swipe your Android Smartphone’s screen from up to down to bring down the Notification Panel.
8. Tap on Cast from the Notification Panel and choose your Roku device.
NOTE: You must have connected your Android SMartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network for your Roku device to be visible.
9. Finally, the movie or TV show from your Android Smartphone will mirror to your Roku TV.
How to Screen Mirror Popcorn Time on Roku using a PC (Windows or Mac)?
It is possible to stream Popcorn Time on Roku if your PC has Popcorn Time and is connected to the same WiFi as that of Roku.
#1. Initially, you should download and install Popcorn Time on your PC.
#2. To get the Easy Display Switcher menu on Windows PC, users need to press Windows Key + P. Similarly; Mac users need to press Command Key + P.
#3. On the next screen, you need to select the Roku device.
#4. A prompt message will appear on Roku. Just click on Accept to mirror your PC to the Roku screen.
#5. Finally, click to play any video on Popcorn Time PC, and the same will be cast to Roku-connected smart TV.
How to Screen Mirror Popcorn Time on Roku from Mac
Connect your Mac and Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below.
Note: Enable the AirPlay feature on your Roku TV from the Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit. Then, turn on the AirPlay option from the AirPlay and HomeKit Settings.
1. Open the Safari browser on your Mac.
2. Search for Popcorn Time file for Mac.
3. From a reliable source, download the Popcorn Time.pkg file for Mac.
4. After downloading the Popcorn Time file for Mac, open and install it.
5. After installing the Popcorn Time for Mac, launch it.
6. Then, keep the Popcorn Time Window open and click on the AirPlay icon from the upper right corner of the interface.
7. Turn on the AirPlay option and choose your Roku device from the AIrPlay To section.
8. Now, you can play any content on the Popcorn Time app to watch it on your Roku TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Popcorn Time is unavailable on the Channel Store.
You can screen mirror the Popcorn Time to your streaming device from Android smartphones, PC, and Mac.