If you want to replicate the content to the Roku device, you can mirror your smartphone and desktop using its built-in feature. In this way, you can stream the apps on Roku that are unavailable in the Roku Channel Store. You need to enable the screen mirroring feature on Roku, to mirror the media content.
Prior to beginning the screen mirror, you need to connect Roku and the mirroring device to the same WiFi network. Having a strong internet connection, lets you establish seamless mirroring on Roku from your mobile and PC.
If you like to screen mirror the app or media files on Roku, follow the below step-by-step instructions to get started.
Difference Between Screen Mirroring and Casting
Casting: Casting is a feature that can only be done on Chromecast-supported devices. Your Roku device naturally doesn’t have the built-in Chromecast feature. That means you can’t cast the Chromecast-supported apps to your TV. That is casting the particular video playback from Chromecast-supported apps to supported devices.
Mirroring: Screen Mirroring is a feature that is popular nowadays. And it is nothing but mirroring your entire Android devices and PC to your TV. So, this feature will be useful to mirror any type of media content to your TV.
Does My Roku Supports Screen Mirroring
Your Roku device must run on Roku OS 7.7 and above to support screen mirroring. If you haven’t updated your device recently, update Roku to the latest version.
- Roku Express: Model 3900 and above (Models introduced in 2017 or newer)
- Roku Express+: Model 3910 and above (Models introduced in 2017 or newer). Also, with Model 3910, screen mirroring supports only the HDMI output and not the composite or A/V output.
To Find your Device Model:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote
- Select Settings from the menu
- Now, select System.
- Select About, and you can see your device information in it
How to Turn On Screen Mirroring on Roku
As previously mentioned, you need to enable the screen mirroring feature on Roku to mirror your Android and PC.
 Turn on Roku TV and press the Home button on your Roku remote.
 Navigate to the Settings option.
 Next, choose the System option.
 Select Screen Mirroring under settings.
 Now, select Screen Mirroring mode.
 You can select Prompt (Ask permission every time before mirroring) or Always Allow (Mirror without permission) to enable the screen mirroring feature.
How to Screen Mirror on Roku using Android Devices
Start by connecting your Android devices like smartphones or tablets to the same WiFi network as Roku and you can follow the steps below:
1. On your Android device, go to the Notification Panel.
2. Next, tap on the Cast icon. This icon on your Android device will differ based on brands like Screen Mirroring, Smart Mirroring, Smart View, Screen Cast, etc.
3. After that, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
4. Select the Accept button on Roku if required.
5. Finally, your Android device’s screen will mirror your Roku device or TV.
How to Screen Mirror Windows PC on Roku Ultra
Similar to Android, you need to turn on Screen Mirroring on Roku to mirror Windows PC.
1. Make sure you have connected your PC and Roku to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Action Center and click on the Connect tile.
3. Choose your Roku device from the Connect section.
4. If Required, select Accept on your Roku device-connected TV.
5. Finally, your PC display will be mirrored to Roku.
How to Screen Mirror on Roku using The Roku App
 Install the Roku app on your Android or iOS device from the Google Play Store or App Store.
 Make sure that you have connected your Android or iOS device and Roku to the same WiFi network.
 Launch the Roku app and tap on the Devices tab.
 Select your Roku device from the list of available devices and pair it with the Roku app.
 Next, tap the Media icon displayed below your Roku device.
 Now, select the type of media (Music, photo, video, screensaver).
 Choose any content you want from your Android or iOS devices and mirror it to your Roku.
How to Fix Screen Mirroring Not Working on Roku
If you can’t screen mirror the device on Roku, it can be mainly due to temporary and minor issues. You can fix the issues straight away by following the below troubleshooting steps.
1. Check whether the devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Ensure the internet connection is stable and fast.
3. If you notice the black screen, establish the connection again.
4. Restart Roku, if you can’t find the Roku device for mirroring.
5. If you can’t enable screen mirroring, update Roku and try again.
Yes, you can screen mirror your iPhone only when you have enabled AirPlay on Roku TV.
Yes, you can screen mirror Android and Windows PC on Roku Ultra.