Roku is a media player device that converts your TV to a Smart TV, and some users have experienced the screen frozen issue while setting it up or in the middle of their entertainment. It is only a temporary issue and can be quickly resolved. Screen frozen may be caused because of the outdated version of your Roku device, or might have been some technical glitches. If it is a technical glitch, you can resolve this screen frozen issue by rebooting your Roku device. Alternatively, this issue can be caused by other factors like overheating your Roku device. You might have connected your Roku device to a power source for a very long time to get overheat. So, to resolve it, we have prepared a guide to solving the screen frozen issue on your Roku device in this article.
How to Fix the Screen Frozen Issue On Roku?
There are three ways to fix the screen freezing issue on Roku. They are:
- Unplug your Roku device on your TV reconnect it
- Restart your Roku device
- Update your Roku device
Method 1: Unplug and Reconnect your Roku Device
1. Unplug the Roku device from the HDMI port of your TV and turn off the power supply to your Roku device.
2. Wait for a few minutes and replug your Roku device to the HDMI port of your TV.
3. Now, your Roku TV should work properly.
Method 2: Restart your Roku Device
If your Roku TV still hasn’t been fixed, you need to reset your Roku device. Since there is no way to return to the home screen as your screen is frozen, you have to use the Roku remote to reboot your Roku device. Follow the steps below to reboot your Roku device.
- Press the Home button five times on your Roku remote.
- Press the Up button once.
- Then, press the Rewind button two times.
- Now, press the Fast Forward button two times and your Roku TV will turn off itself and reboot again.
Method 3: Update your Roku Device
To avoid the screen freeze on your Roku TV, you must update your Roku TV to the latest version. To update your Roku device. follow the steps below:
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Select Settings from the home screen.
3. Then, select System.
4. Under the System section, choose System Update.
5. If an update is available for your Roku device, a popup menu will appear on your screen.
6. Select Update Now to update your Roku device and its channels.
7. Then, restart your Roku device by selecting System Restart > Restart under the System section.
Related: Roku Secret Menu
So, if you got stuck in the middle of your entertainment, you can follow the steps to continue to engage yourself by watching the Roku channels. Furthermore, screen freezing is only a temporary issue and can resolve within minutes. So, you don’t have to panic and follow these simple steps mentioned in this article.