TBS is known for broadcasting popular TV shows, animated series, and movies, such as Young Sheldon, American Dad, Shazam, and more. To watch this interesting content on Roku, you need to get TBS. Fortunately, TBS is officially available on the Channel Store and can be installed straight away.
TBS is a part of Warner Bros and you can find the content more or less similar to TNT. It is a wholesome entertainment channel, which also includes live sports. By referring to the handy schedule of TBS, you don’t miss the content watching away.
You can follow this expert guide article to access TBS on your Roku device, by referring to the below installation and activation steps. We have included streaming services which is another way of watching the TBS content on the device.
What’s on TBS
- Watch all the newly released theatre movies on TBS
- Includes exclusive DC content
- Has a huge library of TBS Originals
- You can stream MLB and March Madness live on TBS
How to Get TBS on Roku
TBS doesn’t have a separate subscription package. An active TV provider subscription is required to access the channel.
1. From the Roku home screen, navigate to the Streaming Channels option.
2. Click on the Search Channels option.
3. Enter and search for the Watch TBS app.
4. Choose the Watch TBS app tile from the search results.
5. From the channel info page, click on the Add Channel option.
6. Wait for the app to install and hit the OK button from the prompt.
7. Next, choose the Go to Channel option to launch the Watch TBS app.
How to Activate TBS on Roku
Once installed, remember to activate the TBS app to stream the content.
1. Launch the Watch TBS app and hit the Sign In button.
2. An activation code will appear on the screen.
3. Note down the activation code and go to the TBS activation website [https://www.tbs.com/activate)].
4. Choose your device as Roku and click on the Continue button.
5. Enter the activation code in the required field and hit the Submit button.
6. Finally, the Watch TBS app will be activated on Roku.
7. Go back to the Watch TBS app and stream your favorite movies and TV shows.
How to Watch TBS on Roku Without Cable
.The following streaming service offers the TBS channel upon subscription.
1. Sling TV
You can get the TBS channel with Sling TV on Roku by subscribing to any of its subscription plans Currently, you can purchase the Sling TV subscription at $40/month. With this subscription plan, you will get 31 live TV channels with 50 hours of cloud DVR storage.
2. DirecTV Stream
By installing DirecTV Stream on Roku you get more than 150+ live TV channels. With its subscription to the Entertainment plan at $74.99 per month, you will get the TBS channel and 60+ other live TV channels. Additionally, you will get unlimited cloud DVR storage to record your favorite shows.
Hulu is one of the popular live TV streaming services in the US. Having Hulu on Roku lets you watch 70+ live TV channels, popular movies, TV shows, and on-demand content. Moreover, you will also get the TBS channel and unlimited cloud DVR storage with the subscription.
4. YouTube TV
With a YouTube TV subscription at $72.99 per month, you can stream the TBS channel with 70+ other popular live TV channels. You will get a 5-20 day trial period and unlimited cloud DVR storage upon subscription. YouTube TV is available on Roku and can be installed from the Channel Store.
How to Fix TBS Not Working on Roku – Troubleshooting Guide
If the TBS channel is not working fine on Roku, follow the below DIY troubleshooting methods to resolve the issues.
1. Check the internet speed when TBS keeps buffering or doesn’t load.
2. Restart the TBS app if it keeps freezing or stuck on the logo.
3. Try rebooting the Roku device to clear the app cache.
4. Update the TBS app to keep it compatible and remove minor bugs present if any.
5. Upgrade Roku and check whether the TBS app is working fine.
Yes, the TBS channel is free to install on Roku devices.
No. Unfortunately, TBS doesn’t have a free trial. You can still use the free trial of streaming services to access TBS for free.