The Weather Group LLC, of the Allen media, owns The Weather Channel or TWC. And the TWC not only brings to you weather forecasts but also weather-related analysis. Moreover, you can watch documentaries and other entertainment programs on Roku. Weatherscan is a sister channel of the Weather Channel that streams local weather all day long. The Weather Channel app is available on all streaming platforms, including Roku. If you are a Roku user, then here is how to add and activate the Weather channel.
Related – How to Add and Stream WeatherNation TV on Roku
How to Add The Weather Channel on Roku
The Weather Channel can keep you updated on all aspects of the weather. Also, The Weather Channel can be downloaded from the Roku Channel Store. So, let’s discuss in detail how to access the same on Roku.
Now let’s start downloading TWC on Roku.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. On the sidebar, navigate to the Streaming Channels section.
3. Under Streaming Channels, go to the Search Channels option on your screen.
4. Search for The Weather Channel here.
5. Next, press the OK button to see the channel overview.
6. Finally, choose the Add Channel option to get The Weather Channel on your device.
Now, you can watch The Weather Channel on your Roku device. But before that, you need to activate it.
How to Activate The Weather Channel on Roku
Before starting streaming The Weather Channel on Roku, you need to activate it.
1. Firstly, open the newly downloaded Weather Channel on your Roku device.
2. Next, follow the instructions on-screen and get an activation code.
3. From the web browser on your PC, visit weathergroup.com/activate.
4. Choose your provider from the list and sign with your TV provider account.
5. Next, enter the activation code you see on the TV in the browser.
6. Finally, select the Activate button.
With this, you have activated your Weather Channel. Now you can stream the content on the Roku-connected TV.
Related: How to Install CBC News Network on Roku
Alternative Way to Stream The Weather Channel
Have you subscribed to any service providers on Roku? Then, you might actually watch The Weather Channel on these. There are some service providers on Roku that can bring The Weather Channel to your TV. Let’s discuss them now.
The Weather Channel can be accessed on DirecTV Stream. It offers unlimited Cloud DVR Storage, and you can stream it anywhere and anytime. It has channels like Comedy Central, TNT, tbs, and more. DirecTV Stream has a lot of different streaming plans, and they are:
- Entertainment: The Entertainment package streams 65+channels at $69.99 per month.
- Choice: This package streams 90+ channels at $89.99 per month.
- Ultimate: The Ultimate package streams 130+channels at $104.99 per month.
- Premier: This package streams 140+ channels at $149.99 per month.
Furthermore, you can watch Weather Channel among all the Choice, Ultimate, and Premier plan on DirecTV Stream.
fuboTV is another media streaming platform that offers The Weather Channel. Apart from TWC, it streams other sports and entertainment channels. There are more than 100+ channels like beIN Sports, ESPN, NFL Network, and more on fuboTV. The different plans on fuboTV are:
- Pro Plan: This package streams 110+ channels at $69.99 per month.
- Elite Plan: This package streams 160+ channels at $79.99 per month.
- Latino Plan: This package streams 40+ channels at $32.99 per month.
The Weather Channel is available on all of the above-mentioned plans of the fubo TV.
YouTube TV is a streaming service with more than 110+ channels like CNN, USA, Fox, The Weather Channel, and more. In addition, it gives unlimited DVR Storage and thousands of on-demand titles. YouTube TV has only one plan, and the plan is:
- Base Plan: This package streams 110+ channels at $64.99 per month.
Frndly TV is a slimmed-down version of a streaming service with more than 30+ channels like The Weather Channel, A&E, Lifetime, getTV, and more. It has a 7-day free trial, and it has only one plan, and it is:
- Base Plan: This package streams 30+ channels at $6.99 per month.
The Weather Channel brings you weather reports and all other details you need to know about weather daily. Apart from these normal weather reports, watch weather analysis and weather-related documentaries. Also, watch Live weather shows during severe weather conditions. With The Weather Channel, get updated on these weather-related matters.
Frequently Asked Questions
You need to visit weathergroup.com/activate from any device. Choose your TV provider. Enter the Activation code available on the Roku screen in the given field and select Activate. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate The Weather Channel on Roku.
You can get The Weather Channel on Roku using the Roku Channel Store. You can also stream the Weather Channel on Roku without cable, and that is by using streaming services. Streaming services like YouTube TV, fuboTV, DirecTV Stream, and Frndly TV have The Weather Channel.
No, it is not free on Roku. You need to have a tv provider subscription or streaming service subscription to stream it on Roku.
Try updating your Roku, restart your Roku, uninstall and reinstall the app on Roku, Sign Out, and after a few seconds, Sign in using the account, clear the cache data, and more.