The Weather Group LLC, of the Allen media, owns The Weather Channel or TWC. TWC not only brings to you weather forecasts but also weather-related analysis. Moreover, you can watch documentaries and other entertainment programs on Roku. Weatherscan is a sister channel of the Weather Channel that streams local weather all day long. The Weather Channel app is available on all streaming platforms, including Roku. If you are a Roku user, then here are how to add and activate the Weather channel.
The Weather Channel on Roku
The Weather Channel can keep you updated on all aspects of weather. Also, The Weather Channel can be downloaded from the Roku Channel Store. Let’s discuss in detail how to access the same on Roku.
Now let’s start downloading TWC on Roku.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. On the side bar, navigate to the Streaming Channels section.
3. Under Streaming Channels, go to the Search Channels option on your screen.
4. Search for the The Weather Channel here.
5. Next, press on the OK button to see channel overview.
6. Finally, choose the Add Channel option to get The Weather Channel on your device.
Now, you can watch The Weather Channel on your Roku device. But before that, you need to activate it.
Activation of The Weather Channel on Roku
Before, starting streaming of The Weather Channel on Roku, you need to activate it.
1. Firstly, open the newly downloaded Weather Channel on your Roku device.
2. Next, follow the instructions on-screen and get an activation code.
3. From the web browser on your PC, visit the weathergroup.com/activate.
4. Choose your provider from the list.
5. Next, enter the activation code you see on the TV on the browser.
6. Finally, select the activate option.
With this, you have activated your Weather Channel. Now you can stream the content on the Roku connected TV.
Alternative Way to Stream The Weather Channel
Have you subscribed to any service providers on Roku? Then, you might actually watch The Weather Channel on these. There are some service providers on Roku that can bring The Weather Channel to your TV. Let’s discuss them now.
- AT&T TV
The Weather Channel can be accessed on AT&T TV. Also, AT&T TV has a lot of different plans streaming on it. The different plans are:
- Entertainment: The Entertainment package streams 65+channels at $59.99 per month.
- Choice: This package streams 90+ channels at $64.99 per month.
- Xtra: The Xtra package streams 120+ channels at $74.99 per month.
- Ultimate: The Ultimate package streams 130+channels at $79.99 per month.
- Premier: This package streams 140+ channels at $129.99 per month.
Furthermore, you can watch Weather Channel among all the Choice, Xtra, Ultimate, and Premier plan on AT&T TV.
fuboTV is another media streaming platform with The Weather Channel. Apart from TWC, it streams other sports and entertainment channels. There are around 90 to 130 channels on fuboTV on different subscription plans. The different plans on fuboTV are:
- No. of channels: 114 channels
- Cost of subscription: $64.99 per month
2 Family Plan with Showtime: This is same as the family plan but with Showtime,
- Cost of subscription: $74.99 per month.
- No. of channels: 196 channels (including Showtime)
- Cost of subscription: $84.99.
The Weather Channel is available on all of the above mntioned plans of the fubo TV.
The Weather Channel brings you weather reports and all other details you need to know about weather daily. Apart from these normal weather reports, watch weather analysis and weather-related documentaries. Also, watch Live weather shows during severe weather conditions. Now, with The Weather Channel on Roku, get updated on these weather-related matters.