Roku is one of the top streaming devices that comes with tons of streaming apps in its Channel Store. From entertainment to the News app, you can install channels on Roku for better TV streaming. Likewise, you can watch The Weather Channel, a channel that telecast forecasts and expert analysis of the current weather around us. You can stream The Weather channel by downloading the app on your Roku device. The Weather Channel app provides news regarding weather forecasts and natural disasters.
How Much Does The Weather Channel Cost on Roku?
The Weather Channel accepts the TV Provider’s subscription to stream the content. You can get the popular TV Service Provider subscription to access the Weather Channel app. The popular TV Provider subscriptions are DirecTV, Dish, Cox, Optimum, Spectrum, Xfinity, and many more.
How to Add The Weather Channel on Roku
1. Press the Home button on the remote and go to the Roku home screen.
2. Now choose the Streaming Channels option on the left side of the home screen.
3. Select the Search Channels option on your screen.
4. Now, search for The Weather Channel app in Roku Channel Store.
5. Click Add Channel button to install The Weather Channel on Roku.
6. Select OK in the prompt and click Go to Channel to launch the app.
How to Activate The Weather Channel on Roku
Before streaming The Weather Channel, you need to activate it first using a web browser.
1. Open The Weather Channel app on your Roku device.
2. Now, you’ll receive an Activation code on your TV screen.
3. Next, open any web browser on a PC or smartphone and visit the Activation Website of The Weather Channel.
4. On the website, select your provider from the list.
5. Next, enter the Activation Code you see on the TV in the browser.
6. Finally, select the Activate button to finalize the process.
After activating the Weather channel, you can start streaming its content on your TV.
Alternative Way to Stream The Weather Channel
Other than the channel store app, you can stream The Weather Channel on some of the streaming services supported by your Roku device.
fuboTV is a streaming service that streams some of the top movies and sports content in its premium service. The service comes with a channel count of more than 200+ channels, with The Weather Channel included. Other than the channel count, you can record your favorite TV shows and live matches in the 1,000-hour DVR space of fuboTV.
The weather channel comes with the Pro($74.99/ month), Elite($84.99/ month), and Premier($94.99/ month) packages of fuboTV for streaming.
Hulu is a streaming service that has a huge collection of channels and add-on packages in its premium plan. The service streams some of the popular movies and TV shows, including Hulu originals in its subscription. By subscribing to the bundle subscription of Hulu, you can get to stream some of the shows of Disney Plus and ESPN live matches on Hulu.
By subscribing to Hulu + Live TV for $69.99/ month, you can stream The Weather Channel on your Roku device without cable.
Frndly TV is a streaming service that comes with an affordable premium price with 40+ channels in its premium subscription. If you’re a new user of the service, you can get to avail of the free trial period of Frndly for 7 days to try out the premium for free.
The service includes History channel, INSP, Lifetime, and The Weather Channel in its premium. The Premium subscription costs $6.99/ month.
Other than the above-mentioned streaming services, you can stream The Weather Channel on Roku by using DirecTV, and using YouTube TV, you can stream the channel in Spanish. Watch the Weather Channel on the streaming service with closed captions and with clear picture quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, it is not free on Roku. You need to have a TV provider or a streaming service to stream it on Roku.
Try updating your Roku, restarting your Roku, uninstalling and reinstalling the app on Roku, Sign Out, and after a few seconds, Sign in using the account, clear the cache data, and more.