Do you want to get the daily live weather forecasts? You can add The Weather Channel on Roku from the Roku Channel Store. With this app, you will stay informed with instant alerts for tornadoes, fire, flooding, winter, etc. The Weather Channel also provides full-screen maps on real-time radar, breathing index, temperature, feels like, etc.
The Weather Channel app is accessible with The Weather Premium account. Besides that, you can watch The Weather Channel on Roku by logging in with a cable or satellite TV provider. It is also available on streaming services like fuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, Frndly TV, and YouTube TV.
In this article, I will teach you how to install and activate The Weather Channel on Roku.
Weather Channel Subscription
The Weather Channel has two paid packages, which are listed as follows. Visit (weather.com/subscribe) to sign up. It provides a 7-day free trial for new subscribers.
|Premium Pro||$4.99/month||$29.99/year||No commercials|
4X Hourly Forecast (192 Hours)
Extended 15-Minute Details
3X Future Radar (72 Hours)
30-Mile Lightning Map
What’s on The Weather Channel?
- Get extreme weather alerts for hurricanes, earthquakes, and others.
- The Weather Channel offers round-the-clock weather updates.
- Preview weather forecasts up to two weeks in advance.
- The Weather Channel provides real-time radar, satellite, and interactive maps.
- It gives a 15-minute forecast for rain intensity for up to 7 hours.
How to Add The Weather Channel on Roku
1. Hit the Home key on the Roku remote and go to the home screen.
2. Now choose the Streaming Channels option on the left side of the home screen.
3. Select the Search Channels option on your screen.
4. Now, search for The Weather Channel app in the Roku Channel Store.
5. Click the Add Channel button to install the app on Roku.
6. Wait till it gets downloaded to your Roku device.
7. Select OK in the prompt and click Go to Channel to launch the app.
Alternate Way to Add The Weather Channel on Roku
Users can also download The Weather Channel app via the Roku Channel Store website. To do this, follow the below steps.
1. Go to the Roku Channel Store’s website on a browser.
2. Hit the Sign in option and enter the required credentials to access your Roku account.
3. Now, in the Search Channels tab, enter The Weather Channel and search for it.
4. The app gets suggested; click on the Details option below it.
5. Now, on the app page, click on + Add channel.
6. The app will be added to your Roku device within 24 hours.
7. If you update the Roku firmware/OS, the channel will be added to Roku immediately.
How to Activate & Watch The Weather Channel on Roku
1. Run The Weather Channel app on your Roku device.
2. Now, you’ll receive an activation code along with a web link (weathergroup.com/activate-device) on your TV screen.
3. Next, open any web browser on a PC or Smartphone and visit the activation website of The Weather Channel.
4. On the website, select your provider from the list.
5. Next, enter the Activation Code you saw on the TV in the browser and press the Activate button afterward.
6. Now, The Weather Channel app on your Roku device refreshes and takes you into your account.
7. You can now watch weather updates and forecasts live on your Roku TV or Roku-connected TV.
Alternative Way to Stream The Weather Channel on Roku
The Weather Channel is also available on a few selected TV channel streaming services, and they are fuboTV, YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV, and Frndly TV.
fuboTV on Roku is a paid streaming service that lets you watch top movies and sports content. The service comes with a channel count of more than 200+ channels. Besides the channel count, you can record your favorite TV shows with 1000 hours of DVR storage. It offers most of its content in 720p & 1080p video quality.
The Weather Channel is available in all of fuboTV’s plans, and the least plan, Pro, costs $74.99/month.
YouTube TV on Roku is one of the leading streaming services offering 100+ TV channels. In addition to this, it offers unlimited DVR space, several networks, add-ons, and Key Plays View on a subscription basis. It allows multiple streams on 3 devices as well. You can access The Weather Channel on the Roku device by subscribing to the base plan.
The Base Plan costs $72.99/month. New users are charged only $64.99/month for the first 3 months.
Frndly TV on Roku is an affordable streaming service that offers 40+ channels in its premium subscription. This service includes channels like The Weather Channel, History Channel, INSP, Lifetime, etc. Frndly TV provides a free trial of 7 days to its new users. It provides 72 hours of lookback feature along with unlimited DVR. Users can even store their recordings for upto 9 months.
The Weather Channel is available on Frndly TV’s Premium plan, which costs $6.99/month.
You can stream The Weather Channel by installing DirecTV Stream on Roku. Among the plans, you can subscribe to Choice and Ultimate to watch the weather forecasts and news live on The Weather Channel. It provides a 5-day free trial for new subscribers. Notably, you will get unlimited Cloud DVR storage for free to record live TV shows.
The Choice subscription costs $83.99/month, whereas the Ultimate plan costs $94.99/month.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. It is free to install on Roku. However, you need a TV provider or a standalone subscription to stream it on Roku.