While you’re using a streaming app on Roku, you may feel that it can look better by zooming the screen, or you may prefer your Roku device screen for having a particular screen size. Now, your wish has come true because the Roku TV allows you to customize your screen size as you like. Adjusting the screen size on Roku TV can be done via Advanced Picture Settings on your Roku TV. From there, you can try each of the Picture Size ratios to see which one best suits your needs. Let us look into the steps to adjust screen size on Roku TV in detail.
How to Adjust screen size on Roku TV
Adjusting screen size on Roku is often a much-needed adjustment to match your Roku TV display to the actual screen size. The process of adjusting screen size on Roku TV is relatively easy and simple to execute. Follow the below steps to adjust the screen size on Roku TV,
1. Turn on your Roku device and play any of our favorite content.
2. Press the Asterisk (*) button on your Roku remote.
3. Select “Advanced Picture Settings.”
4. Then, choose “Picture Size” to see Roku TV’s available adjustable screen size option.
5. Now, you can use the Up and Down arrow button to select various aspect ratios (i.e., Zoom, Direct, Auto, Normal, Stretch) and adjust screen size on Roku.
How to adjust screen size on TCL Roku TV – Via Display type
Sometimes when you watch an HDR TV show or TV shows on your Roku device, you may encounter poor picture quality. At such time, you can try changing the display type of your Roku device. Follow the below procedure to do so,
1. Press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Go to Settings > Display type.
3. Choose any of the available display types.
4. If your Roku player supports the display type you’ve selected, you may see a notification message like Ok, go to automatic…, just select it to finalize the action.
How to Fix Resolution issues on Roku
There are a lot of picture quality options that you can select as per your wish. But not all the framerates will support your Roku TV. For Example, If you select 4k at 30 Hz, you can see a black screen on your TV because of the incompatibility issues. But you don’t want to worry because if the frame rate you selected is not supported, the framerate will reset within 15 seconds. The next thing is that if you found out that your Roku device supports 4K at 30 HZ and still First, let picture quality on your TV is low, and the reason may be that you are using an outdated version of the Roku firmware. And the issues will be resolved instantly if you update Roku firmware.
Press the Asterisk button while streaming on Roku to adjust or change the screen size.
To get your Roku TV screen back to normal size, just head to Advanced Picture Settings > Picture Size and select Normal.