Does the picture you stream not fit your Roku TV screen? You can adjust the screen size on your Roku TV according to the content that you stream. You can zoom the picture, stream it on full screen, or stretch the picture by adjusting the screen size. Roku TV always provides you with the best resolution and the framerate for a seamless streaming experience. However, you can also manually modify both those parameters based on the Display type.
In this article, you will learn how to adjust and modify the screen size on Roku devices and stream content with the best picture settings.
How to Adjust Screen Size on Roku TV
Adjusting screen size on Roku is often a much-needed setting. This adjustment helps to match your Roku TV display to the content playing. The process of adjusting screen size on Roku TV/Roku streaming devices like Roku Express, Ultra, or Streaming Stick 4K is relatively easy and simple to execute.
1. Turn on your Roku device and play any of our favorite content.
2. Press the Asterisk (*) button on your Roku remote.
3. Tap on Picture Settings and choose Picture Size to see Roku TV’s available screen size options.
4. You can use the Up and Down arrow buttons to select various aspect ratios (i.e., Zoom, Direct, Auto, Normal, Stretch) and adjust the screen size on Roku.
If you set the Picture size to Auto, your Roku device will automatically adjust the picture size according to the content playing on your TV.
How to Change Display Type on Roku TV
Sometimes when you watch TV shows of HDR quality on your Roku device, you may encounter poor picture quality. At such times, you can try changing the display type of your Roku device.
1. Press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Go to Settings and select Display type.
3. Choose any of the available display types like 720p, 1080p, and more.
4. If your Roku player supports the display type you’ve selected, you may see a notification message like OK, go to automatic, just select it to finalize the action.
How to Fix Resolution Issues on Roku
There are a lot of picture quality options that you can select as per your wish. But not all the framerates will support your Roku TV. For Example, If you select 4K at 30 Hz, you can see a black screen on your Roku TV because of the incompatibility issues. If the frame rate you selected is not supported, it will revert to previous settings within 20 seconds.
The picture quality on your TV will be low if you are using an outdated version of the Roku firmware. The issues will be resolved instantly if you update Roku firmware.
To get your Roku TV screen back to normal size, you just need to head to Advanced Picture Settings → Picture Size and select Normal.
There are times when the Roku device displays a double-screen error. It is quite a common issue, and you can easily Fix the double-screen issue on Roku by disabling Auto -adjust display refresh rate on your TV settings.
If your Roku screen size is too big, you can restart your Roku device to bring it back to normal.