Instagram is one of the trending social media platforms owned by Facebook. With the Instagram app, you can get to communicate with people globally. Even you can add stories and add photos to your timeline. Also, you have the option to comment, like, share photos and Reels videos. But unfortunately, Instagram is unavailable in the channel store. However, you can refer to this article to know all the possible ways to access Instagram on Roku.
How to Get Instagram on Roku
There is no way to add Instagram to Roku since it is unavailable in the channel store. However, you can screen mirror the Instagram app from the Android or iOS Smartphone. To do that, initially, you have to enable the screen mirroring on Roku.
Screen Mirror Instagram to Roku from Android Smartphone
Connect your Android smartphone and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below.
1. Install the Instagram app from the Google Play Store.
2. Next, go to the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
3. After that, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
4. Now, you can see the Android Smartphones screen on your Roku TV.
5. Launch the Instagram app and sign in to your account.
Finally, you can view Instagram on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Instagram to Roku from iOS Smartphone
Screen mirroring iOS Smartphones screen is possible with the latest update to Roku. But you need to make some changes in the Settings. To do that, go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit. Now, from the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings, turn on the AirPlay option.
1. Launch the Instagram app. If you haven’t installed the Instagram app, get the app from the App Store.
2. After installing the Instagram app, launch it and sign in to your account.
3. Next, swipe your iOS Smartphone’s screen from up to down. This brings down the Control Center.
4. Tap on the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Roku device.
Note: If you don’t have connected your Roku device and iOS Smartphone to the same wifi network, the Roku device will not display onscreen of your iOS Smartphone.
5. Go back to the Instagram app and mirror its content to your streaming device.
Screen Mirror Instagram to Roku from Windows PC
1. Open Chrome Browser and visit the official website of Instagram. Next, log in to your Instagram account.
2. After that, click on the Action Center icon at the bottom end of your taskbar.
3. Select the “Connect” option.
4. A list of devices connected to the same wifi network that is ready to cast will appear. Choose the Roku device.
5. Your Windows screen will appear on your Roku-connected TV.
Open the Instagram web version and start viewing your timeline, which will appear on the TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Instagram app is unavailable in the channel store.
You can screen mirror the Instagram app from the Android or iOS Smartphone to Roku.