Instagram is a well-known social media platform next to Facebook. Currently, Instagram is not supported for Roku devices and hence can’t be installed from the Channel Store. However, you can screen mirror Instagram from mobile or desktop, to watch the reels, posts, stories, etc., on the big screen.
Instagram is free to sign up and use. If you are a Creator, you can purchase premium plans ranging from $0.99 to $99.99/month to use the elite features, such as setting up a subscription, creating broadcast channels, subscriber badges, and more.
In this article, we have covered the steps on how to screen mirror Instagram to Roku devices.
What’s on Instagram
- Create fun reels and share them with your friends.
- Post the moments from your everyday life as stories, and it lasts only 24 hours.
- Chat with the people you like in private.
- Shop all your favorite accessories easily.
- Explore more personalities on Instagram.
How to Screen Mirror Instagram to Roku from Android
Before you start, ensure to enable screen mirroring on Roku. To do that, get into the Roku Settings → System → Screen Mirroring → Screen Mirroring Mode → Prompt. After that, connect your Android device and Roku to the same WiFi network and follow the steps below.
1. Install the Instagram app from the Google Play Store.
2. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
3. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
4. You can see the Android smartphone’s screen on your Roku TV.
5. Launch the Instagram app and sign in to your account.
6. Finally, you can view Instagram on your Roku TV.
How to Mirror Instagram from Windows PC to Roku
Similar to Android, ensure the devices are connected to the same internet and turned on mirroring on your Roku device.
1. Open Chrome Browser and visit the official website of Instagram. Next, log in to your Instagram account.
2. Click on the Action Center icon at the bottom end of your taskbar.
3. Select the Connect option.
4. A list of devices connected to the same internet that is ready to cast will appear. Choose the Roku device to connect.
5. Your Windows screen will appear on your Roku-connected TV.
6. Start viewing your timeline, follower posts, and daily feeds, on the TV.
How to AirPlay Instagram from iPhone/iPad
You need to turn on AirPlay on Roku, to mirror Instagram from your iPhone or iPad. On your Roku device, select Settings → AirPlay & HomeKit Settings → AirPlay → Turn it on.
1. Launch the Instagram app. If you haven’t installed the Instagram app, download it from the App Store.
2. Open Instagram and sign in to your account.
3. Next, move to the Control Center on your iPhone / iPad.
4. Tap on the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Roku device.
Note: If the Roku device and iPhone aren’t connected to the same WiFi network, you can’t be able to AirPlay the app.
5. Go back to the Instagram app and mirror its content to your streaming device.
How to AirPlay Instagram to Roku from Macbook
1. Initially, connect your Mac/Macbook and Roku to the same internet connection.
2. Ensure the AirPlay is turned on Roku as well as on your Mac device.
3. Click the Control Center and select Screen Mirroring.
4. You can see the list of active devices on the screen. From that, select Roku.
5. You can see your Mac’s screen on your Roku device when both get paired.
Note: If you can’t find the AirPlay icon or settings on your device, ensure to Update Roku to the latest version.
How to Sign Up for Instagram
You can sign up on Instagram for free and can be done within a few minutes.
1. Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android.
2. Select Create Account. You can use the email address or mobile number to get started.
3. You will receive the confirmation code to your email or mobile number.
4. Type the code that you received and tap Next.
5. Set a new password for your Instagram account and click Next.
6. Keep proceeding with the next steps by adding the necessary info, such as date of birth, name, and username.
7. Agree to the terms and conditions and head to the next step.
8. Now, you need to add the Profile picture. Upload it and tap Next. Else, tap Skip.
9. That’s it! Now, you can start watching reels, and stories, send requests to your friends, and more.
No, unfortunately, you can’t be able to add Instagram as a private channel on Roku TV.
If Instagram is not working on your Roku device, ensure there are no obstructions while mirroring. Check whether the devices are connected to the same WiFi network. Also, try updating the Instagram app and check again.