Instagram is one of the trending social media platforms owned by Meta. Recently, there have been lots of live streams, career ideas, shopping, and so on happening on Instagram. Moreover, everybody will have Instagram on their Smartphone and PC. But it will be even better if you stream it on a bigger screen like a TV. Unfortunately, the Instagram application is unavailable on the Roku Channel Store. So you will not be able to install it directly. Instead, you can screen mirror it directly from the other devices and watch Instagram videos on Roku easily.
How Much Does Instagram Cost on Roku
It is completely free to access Instagram. Recently, Instagram has announced the premium version where you can get monthly income, get more followers, and highlight your account with a unique purple ring. The subscription cost is not properly defined yet. But it may range from $0.99 to $99.99/month. Visit the Instagram website (creators.instagram.com) and get to know more about this premium feature.
What’s on Instagram
- Create fun and entertaining reels and share them with your friends.
- Post the moments from your everyday life as stories, and it lasts only 24 hours.
- Chat with the people you like in private.
- Shop all your favorite accessories easily.
- Explore more personalities on Instagram.
How to Get Instagram on Roku
There is no way to add Instagram to Roku since it is unavailable in the Roku channel store. However, you can screen mirror the Instagram app on Roku from
Screen Mirror Instagram to Roku from Android Device
Before starting the process, make sure to enable Screen Mirroring on Roku. To do that, get into the Roku Settings → System → Screen Mirroring → Screen Mirroring Mode → Prompt. After that, connect your Android device and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below.
1. Install the Instagram app from the Google Play Store.
2. Next, go to the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
3. After that, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
4. Now, you can see the Android Smartphone’s screen on your Roku TV.
5. Launch the Instagram app and sign in to your account.
6. Finally, you can view Instagram on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Instagram to Roku from Windows PC
Before starting the process, enable the screen mirroring feature on Roku and make sure that you have connected both devices to the same internet connection.
1. Open Chrome Browser and visit the official website of Instagram. Next, log in to your Instagram account.
2. After that, click on the Action Center icon at the bottom end of your taskbar.
3. Select the Connect option.
4. A list of devices connected to the same wifi network that is ready to cast will appear. Choose the Roku device to connect.
5. Your Windows screen will appear on your Roku-connected TV.
6. Open the Instagram web version and start viewing your timeline, which will appear on the TV.
Screen Mirror Instagram to Roku from iOS Device
You have to enable AirPlay on Roku to start this process. To do this, select Settings → AirPlay & HomeKit Settings → AirPlay → turn it on.
1. Launch the Instagram app. If you haven’t installed the Instagram app, get the app from the App Store.
2. After installing the Instagram app, launch it and sign in to your account.
3. Next, move to the Control Center on an iOS device.
4. Tap on the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Roku device.
Note: If you don’t have connected your Roku device and iOS Smartphone to the same wifi network, the Roku device will not display onscreen of your iOS Smartphone.
5. Go back to the Instagram app and mirror its content to your streaming device.
Screen Mirror Instagram to Roku from Mac PC
Before starting to screen mirror Instagram to your Roku device, enable AirPlay on Roku and check whether you are receiving a sufficient internet connection.
1. Initially, connect your Roku device and the Mac PC to the same internet connection.
2. Next, enable the AirPlay feature on your Mac as well as on your Roku device.
3. After that, get into the Control Center and select Screen mirroring.
4. You can see the list of active devices on the screen. From that, select your Roku.
5. Less than a minute, you can see your Mac’s screen on your Roku device.
Note: If you cannot find the AirPlay icon or settings on your device, make sure to Update Roku to the latest version.
To screen mirror on Roku, you must possess at least 3 to 9 Mbps internet bandwidth to have a hassle-free experience.