UKTV Play is a streaming application owned by UKTV. It is a free platform where you can watch some of your favorite TV channels like Dave, Yesterday, and Drama. You can watch thousands of episodes of TV shows including hilarious comedies like Unforgivable, Mel Giedroyc, fascinating fact-packed documentaries like Abandoned Engineering, or binge-worthy dramas like The Spanish Princess, Outlander. You can stream live or catch up on TV shows and series from your favorite genre. If you are a Roku user, then here are the ways to stream UKTV Play on Roku.
Features of UKTV Play
Here are the features of UKTV Play:
- Dave, Drama, and Yesterday channels on demand.
- Free access to thousands of episodes.
- You can save your favorite TV shows on ‘My List’ to watch later.
- New and exclusive UKTV originals and well loved classics.
- Streaming access across devices like mobile, tablet, desktop, TV or Chromecast.
How to Register an Account on UKTV Play?
(1) Open a web browser on your PC and go to the https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/.
(2) Select the Profile icon on the upper right corner.
(3) Select REGISTER TO WATCH option.
(4) Fill in the details like Email, Password, Name. DOB, Gender, Postal code.
(5) Select the check-up box if you want to receive emails about any upcoming shows and other exciting updates.
(6) Click on REGISTER TO WATCH and your account will be created.
How to Add UKTV Play on Roku?
(1) Tap the Home button on your Roku remote.
(2) Select the Streaming Channels option on the side-bar.
(3) Choose Search Channels and type UKTV Play using the Virtual Keyboard on the search bar.
(4) Choose the UKTV Play app and select Add Channel button.
(5) Select OK to confirm and the UKTV Play will be installed on your Roku device.
How to Add UKTV Play on Roku Using Roku Website?
(1) Open your web browser and search Roku Channel Store.
(2) Click on Sign in in the upper right corner of the screen and sign in with your Roku account.
(3) Type UKTV Play in the Search Channels bar.
(4) Select the UKTV Play app that appears in the search list and click on Add Channel.
(5) UKTV Play will be installed on your Roku account.
How to Activate UKTV Play on Roku?
After adding the channel, you have to activate it in order to stream the content.
(1) Launch UKTV Play on your Roku device.
(2) Click on the sign in button. An activation code will be shown on your TV screen.
(3) From any PC or smartphone browser, go to https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/activate.
(4) Click on the Sign in button and enter the credentials to login to your account.
(5) Enter the Activation Code in the given field.
(6) Select Sign in on your TV button.
Connect your Roku device and Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
(1) Press Home on your Roku remote.
(2) Navigate to Settings and select System under settings.
(3) Select Screen mirroring and choose Screen mirroring mode.
(4) Choose the type of settings you want Prompt or Always allow.
(5) On your Smartphone, go to Notification Panel.
(6) Press the Cast icon or Screen Mirroring icon and select your Roku device from the list of devices.
(7) The content from your phone will be mirrored to your Roku device.
(8) Open your UKTV Play app. You can also install it from Google Play Store or App Store.
Related: MHz Choice on Roku
These are the methods by which you can add and stream UKTV Play on Roku. You can get into a wide library of TV shows with a lot of different genres. UKTV Play is currently available only in the United Kingdom and if you are planning to stream the content outside the UK, you have to use a VPN.