If you love music, then you should probably know about YouTube Music. YouTube Music is a reimagined app, and you can find any music you want to listen to instantly. Roku has numerous video streaming applications, but there are only fewer choices when it comes to audio streaming. You can’t find native support for YouTube Music on Roku. But there are possible methods through which you can access YouTube Music on your Roku device.
How Much Does YouTube Music Cost on Roku
YouTube music is completely free to use. You can subscribe to a monthly plan ($9.99) to avoid ads and get some additional perks. You can also access YouTube Music if you have subscribed to YouTube Premium ($11.99/month).
To subscribe to YouTube Music, you need to visit https://music.youtube.com/.
What’s on YouTube Music
- It offers more than 70 million official songs.
- You can play YouTube Music in the background.
- Download your favorite music for offline listening.
- You can Play music based on genres (Pop, Country, Rock, Hip Hop, etc.)
- Choose songs based on your mood (Chill, Focus, Romance, workout, Feel Good, etc.)
- YouTube Music includes the song lyrics and thus lets you sign along.
How to Get YouTube Music on Roku
As there was no official YouTube Music channel available on Roku, you need to mirror YouTube Music from your Android or iOS devices or PC.
Screen Mirror YouTube Music on Roku from Android Devices
You have to enable the screen mirroring mode to Always Allow or Prompt (Settings >> Screen Mirroring >> Screen mirroring mode >> Always Allow/Prompt).
 Download and install YouTube Music from the Play Store.
 Open the Notification Panel by swiping down the screen from the top.
 Tap on the Cast/Mirroring option.
 Select your Roku device from the available devices list.
 Play any song and listen to it on your Roku device.
Screen Mirror YouTube Music on Roku from PC / Laptop
 On your browser, go to music.youtube.com.
 Press Windows + P keys on your keyboard.
 Click on Connect to a wireless display.
 Select your Roku device from the connect tab.
 Now play a YouTube music video on the browser and listen to it on your Roku.
Screen Mirror YouTube Music to Roku from iOS Devices
If you have updated your Roku device and iOS device to the latest version, you can follow the steps below to screen Mirror the app without any third-party apps. You need to enable AirPlay on Roku.
1. Launch the YouTube Music app. If you haven’t installed the YouTube Music app, install the app from the App Store.
2. Next, go to the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
3. Then, choose your Roku device.
4. Now, your iOS device’s screen will mirror your Roku TV.
5. After that, launch the YouTube Music app and sign in to your account.
6. Play any music on the YouTube Music app and stream it on your TV.
Listen to YouTube Music using the YouTube App
You can also listen to YouTube music with the help of the YouTube app on your Roku device. All the content available on YouTube Music is accessible on the YouTube app. At the same time, it will not make much impact on your listening. You also can enjoy listening to your music privately using the Private Listening on Roku feature.
YouTube Music Alternatives
If you aren’t a fan of screen mirroring, then you can choose some of the alternatives that are officially available on the Roku channel store. Some of the popular Music streaming channels available for Roku are
- Amazon Music