Are you struggling with Zoomed In Roku while streaming your favorite content? You can easily resolve the Zoomed In issue with the troubleshooting mentioned below. Though you can stream a lot of the best channels on Roku, there are certain streaming issues occur with the device. Recently, there have been lots of complaints from Roku users that their devices (TCL Roku TV, Roku Express, Roku TV Stick, and more) are zoomed in and can’t stream movies and TV shows properly. This could be disturbing when you plan to stream your favorite content.
Why is My Roku TV Zoomed In?
Due to some technical issues on your Roku device, it can cause your TV to be zoomed in. This issue is a common issue that occurs on most Roku devices, and you don’t need to worry about it. You can easily solve the issue using updating your Roku Picture and Display settings. But like any other device, there will be times when your Roku is not working properly, and you can resolve them instantly.
How to Solve Roku Zoomed In Problem
Below are the methods that you can use to solve this issue:
- Adjust Roku Picture Settings
- Change Display Settings
- Check HDMI Connection
- Restart Roku Device
- Clear Cache on Roku
- Update Roku Device
- Factory Reset Roku
Adjust Roku Picture Settings
If you experience Roku Zoomed In issue, you can try adjusting your Roku picture Settings to fix the issue.
1. Play any video on Roku and press the Asterisk (*) button on the Roku remote.
2. On the Menu that appears, select Advanced Picture Settings.
3. Click on Picture Size and set it to Auto.
Note: If this doesn’t work, there are various modes, like Wide, Stretch, etc., available on picture settings that you can manually choose. Choose a setting that fits your screen the best.
Change Display Settings on Roku
If adjusting your picture Settings doesn’t fix the issue, try changing the Display Settings on Roku.
1. Select the Settings option on the Roku home screen.
2. From the available options, choose the Display Type setting option.
3. Click on the Auto-detect option, and your Roku will automatically set a resolution based on your TV.
Note: If it doesn’t work, you can manually set the resolution you want.
Check HDMI Connection
- Sometimes the HDMI cable you have connected may be the reason why your Roku TV’s display is zoomed in. So, try replacing it with a new cable.
- There might also be some damage to the HDMI ports on your TV that cause this issue. So, try plugging your Roku into a different port and check whether this solves the problem.
- Make sure that the HDMI port and cable are dust free before connecting them.
Restart Roku Device
Most commonly, restarting your Roku will clear most of the issues. So, try restarting your device if the zoomed-in issue is still not solved.
1. Turn on your Roku device and select the Settings option.
2. Click on the System option and choose the System Restart option.
3. Select Restart and click on OK on your remote.
4. Your Roku device will restart. After that, check whether the problem is solved.
Clear Cache on Roku
It is possible that cache files on Roku may cause the Zoomed-In issue on your device. You can easily clear the cache files on Roku by pressing the sequence of buttons on your Roku remote. It is because there is no dedicated option to clear the cache on Roku.
- Go to the Roku home screen.
- Press the Home button (5 times) >> Up button >> Rewind button (2 times) >> Fast Forward button (2 times).
- Wait for a few seconds for the ROku device to clear out the cache files.
Update Roku Device
There are also alternative cases where you might be using an outdated version of Roku. If it’s the case, you need to update your Roku device to fix the issue.
1. Power on your Roku device and press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. On the Roku home screen, select the Settings option and click on the System option.
3. Select System update and click on Check Now.
4. If there is a new update available, Roku will automatically update your device and restart it.
Factory Reset Roku
If none of the fixes above have helped your cause, try to reset your Roku device. This will definitely help you solve the Roku Zoomed-In issue.
1. Switch on your Roku device and select Settings on the home screen.
2. Choose the System option and select the Advanced System Settings option.
3. Click on the Factory Reset option from the available options.
4. Enter the PIN that you see on the bottom right side of the screen, and select the OK button.
5. A pop-up window will appear on the screen. From there, click on the Start factory reset button.
6. Now, check if the issue is fixed or not.
If you can’t fix the Roku zoomed-in issue by following the troubleshooting methods above, you can contact the Roku support team for a permanent fix.
When your Roku screen is zoomed In, and you want to unzoom it, you can change the Picture size of the Roku device on the Picture Settings.
You can change the Roku Picture size by pressing the * button on the Roku remote. Now, select Picture Settings and click Picture Size. Switch between each size option and view the changes on your TV. You can leave the option when you have chosen the best picture size for your TV.