BBC Sounds is an ad-free audio streaming service from British Broadcast Corporation. It is a replacement and an upgrade of their iPlayer radio app. Its beta version has rolled out only for UK users, and later, after its launch, it is made available worldwide. The key features of BBC Sounds are live radio, audio-on-demand, and podcasts. It is completely free to stream on all devices like Android, Smart TV, Roku, and more. Here are the ways to stream BBC Sounds on Roku TV and device.
If you use TVs or media streaming devices, you can stream BBC Sounds, but the downloading feature is only available for smartphone apps. But this might not be a problem as it has a playlist feature where you can add your favorite songs and hear them on any device anytime just by logging in to your BBC Sounds free account.
- Listen to popular radio stations and podcasts for free.
- Sync your devices and continue hearing where you stopped.
- Get personalised recommendations from BBC itself, depending on your history.
- Pause and Rewind all the contents inside the channel.
- Listen without any limits, 24×7 free streaming.
How to Get BBC Sounds on Roku?
1. Turn on the Roku device.
2. On the home screen, tap Streaming channels.
3. Scroll down and select Search channels.
4. In the Search screen, search for BBC Sounds channel.
5. Tap Add channel button to install the channel.
6. In the next screen, tap on the Go to Channel button.
7. Start hearing your favorite Radios and podcasts on Roku TV.
How to Sign Up for BBC Sounds?
Being a free channel, there is no need for an account for streaming. But we recommend you use the free account that might show you recommendations and save your history and lots more.
1. Visit the BBC Sounds website on any browser.
2. On the home page, click the Register button.
3. Select your age, either the “Under 16” or “16 or Over” button.
4. Then proceed with the basic steps in the next screen.
5. Now, you can log in to your BBC Sounds account on any device, including Roku.
How to Find BBC Sounds music and podcasts?
You can also find your favorite podcasts or radio and stream them anytime on the BBC Sounds channel on Roku.
1. Open the BBC Sounds channel on your TV.
2. Click the Search icon in the left menu.
3. Search anything, for example, science & technology.
4. Select science & technology under the categories tab.
5. Now select and start streaming any of the podcasts.
Related: Spotify on Roku
BBC Sounds channel is added to your Roku channels list. So you can enjoy streaming all the available content for free and no commercials included, which is the big plus point on the success of this channel worldwide. Have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section.