Country Music Television, or CMT, is a media streaming channel from Viacom CBS. This American channel was launched nationwide in March of the year 1983. The mainstreaming content on CMT included country music and country music videos. In addition, it airs music videos, concerts, special shows, and biographical shows of great country musicians. However, the recent shows on CMT include lifestyle shows and reality shows as well. Let’s add and stream CMT on Roku.
How to Add CMT on Roku?
You can find many interesting shows like music, radio, series, and news programs on CMT. It is not just a country music airing channel today. Furthermore, you can watch all of your favorite shows on CMT in full HD resolutions. However, to stream CMT on Roku, you need to screen mirror it. Also, you need to enable the screen mirroring on Roku
Before starting the screen mirroring process, let’s make these changes on Roku.
1. Firstly, turn on your TV and connect it with your Roku device. Then connect your Roku to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to the Roku home screen by pressing the Home button on your remote.
3. From the sidebar on your screen, choose the Settings option.
4. From the settings, select the System option.
5. Next, choose the Screen mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode option.
6. Choose the Prompt option to always ask your permission each time before mirroring other devices on Roku.
Screen Mirror from Android Smartphone
Initiate the same wifi network connection between Android Smartphone and Roku. Then, follow the steps below:
1. Install the CMT app from the Google Play Store.
2. Then, bring down the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
3. Now, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
4. You can now see that your Android Smartphone has mirrored to your Roku device-connected TV.
5. After that, launch the CMT app and sign in to your account.
6. Choose a music or TV show and play it. Finally, the selected content will be mirrored to your Roku device-connected TV.
Screen Mirror from iOS Smartphone
1. Connect your iOS Smartphone to the same wifi network as Roku.
2. From the App Store, install the CMT app.
3. After installing the CMT app, launch it and sign in to your account.
4. Now, go to the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
5. From the list of available devices, choose your Roku device.
6. Go back to the CMT app and mirror its content to Roku TV.
How to Watch CMT on Roku without a Cable
With the help of the streaming services listed below, you can easily watch the CMT on Roku without a cable.
- DirecTV Stream
DirecTV Stream on Roku has five different plans for you with different subscription rates and channel line-ups. Stream CMT on all five plans on DirecTV Stream.
- Entertainment: Streams over 65+ channels at $69.99 per month
- Choice: Streams over 90 channels at $89.99 per month.
- Ultimate: Streams over 130 channels at $104.99 per month.
- Premier: Streams 140 channels at $149.99 per month.
Sling TV on Roku generally has two basic plans, the Sling Blue and the Sling Orange in it. Both the plans cost $35 per month and have different channel line-ups. To get CMT on Sling, get a Comedy add-on of $5/month with the basic plan.
Philo on Roku has a huge collection of popular channels with a small monthly subscription. The subscription plan streams over 60 channels along with CMT at $25 per month. Furthermore, you can add channel add-ons to your subscription.
fuboTV on Roku streams around 90 to 130 basic channels like CMT with different plans. It includes the Pro subscription of $64.99 per month and the Elite subscription of $79.99 per month.
There are a lot of lifestyle and reality shows streaming on CMT apart from country music. Moreover, CMT lets you know its schedule beforehand so that you can plan your streaming. Some of CMTs sister channels include CMT Music, CBS, The CW, Showtime, CBS Sports, MTV, Nickelodeon, and VH1.
No, the CMT app is unavailable in the channel store.
Yes, you can use the streaming services or screen mirror the CMT app from the Android or iOS Smartphone.