CTV is a popular TV network in Canada and it is one of the best entertainment channels on Roku. It offers the top TV channels such as MTV and Discovery, for live streaming. You can watch CTV Drama, movies, Sci-fi, Life channel on Roku through the CTV app. The CTV telecasts daily morning news shows covering all the local and international news in a single episode. It also has a Classics section to watch All time favorite movies, series, and TV shows.
How Much Does CTV Cost on Roku
The CTV app is available in the Roku Channel Store for free download. There is no separate subscription for the CTV app. You need to get a TV provider subscription to sign in to the app. The CTV accepts almost all popular TV provider subscriptions.
How to Add CTV on Roku
1. Connect the Roku device to your TV and turn it on.
2. Press the Home button on your Roku remote to go to the Roku home screen.
3. Select the Streaming Channels options in the left menu.
4. Under Streaming Channels, click the Search Channels option.
5. Type CTV in the search box and tap the OK button.
6. Choose the CTV app from the search result.
7. Now, select Add channel to install the CTV app on Roku.
8. After adding the CTV app, click the OK button.
9. Next, select the Go to Channel option to launch the CTV app.
How to Activate CTV on Roku
1. After launching the CTV channel, you can see an Activation Code. Note the code down.
2. Next, visit the CTV Activation Website [ctv.ca/activate] using the web browser on the PC or smartphone.
3. Enter the Activation Code on the respective field and click on Submit.
4. Provide your TV provider’s credentials to sign in to your account.
5. Next, relaunch the CTV channel on your Roku device and stream any of your favorites.
Alternative Method to Stream CTV on Roku
The alternative method to watch CTV on Roku is screen mirroring from the Android or iOS device. Screen Mirroring and AirPlay are the built-in features available on your Roku device.
Stream CTV App from Android Device
You need to enable Screen Mirroring on Roku to mirror the CTV app from your Smartphone. After that, you need to connect your Roku device and Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. Launch the Google Play Store on your Android Smartphone and install the CTV app from the Play Store.
2. Then, open the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
3. Then, choose your Roku device.
4. Now, launch the CTV app and sign in with your cable TV provider account.
5. Choose any entertainment content available on the CTV app for streaming.
Stream CTV App from iOS Device
Before proceeding, update your Roku device and iOS Smartphone to the latest version of AirPlay. The AirPlay on Roku has to be turned on in Settings for mirroring the iOS device.
1. Ensure that you have connected your iOS Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Open the App Store on your iOS Smartphone.
3. Next, search and install the CTV app from the App Store.
4. Then, go to the Control Center on your iOS Smartphone and tap on the Screen mirroring icon.
5. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices to connect.
6. Launch the CTV app and sign in to your account.
7. Finally, you can choose any of your favorites to watch on your Roku TV.
Frequently Asked Question
Suppose the CTV app is not working on Roku, then you need to follow the troubleshooting procedure to resolve the condition.
1. Check the internet connection
2. Update the Roku device
3. Update the CTV app
4. Restart the Roku device
5. Reinstall the CTV app