CTV is a popular and favorite entertainment channel for Canadian users. If you have newly shifted to Canada, you can install the CTV channel directly on your Roku device from the Roku Channel Store. CTV doesn’t have a subscription. However, you need a TV provider subscription to access CTV and watch the content exclusively.
CTV lets you watch on-demand TV shows, movies, and live TV. CTV comes with a bunch of familiar channels, such as MTV, Discovery, Much, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and CTV channels (Throwback, Movies, Comedy, Drama, and more).
In this article, we will guide you through the installation and activation steps of CTV on your Roku device. We have also included alternative ways to get the CTV channel.
What’s on CTV
- Stream popular shows on CTV, such as The Masked Singer, The Good Doctor, and more.
- Offers classic television shows.
- Contains hit and blockbuster collections of Hollywood movies.
- You can even watch lifestyle and premium series on CTV.
How to Get CTV on Roku
1. Connect the Roku device to your TV and turn it on.
2. Press the Home button on your Roku remote to go to the Roku home screen.
3. Select the Streaming Channels options in the left menu.
4. Under Streaming Channels, click the Search Channels option.
5. Type CTV in the search box and tap the OK button.
6. Choose the CTV app from the search results.
7. Now, select Add Channel to install the app on Roku.
8. After adding the CTV app, click the OK button.
9. Next, select the Go to Channel option to launch the CTV app.
How to Activate CTV on Roku
1. After launching the CTV channel, you can see an Activation Code. Note the code down.
2. Next, visit the CTV Activation Website [ctv.ca/activate] using the web browser on the PC or smartphone.
3. Enter the Activation Code on the respective field and click on Submit.
4. Provide your TV provider’s credentials to sign in to your account.
5. Next, relaunch the CTV channel on your Roku device and stream any of your favorites.
How to Add CTV on Roku from Roku Website
1. Head to the Roku website [https://www.roku.com/] and sign in with your credentials.
2. Click the Profile icon and select My Channels.
3. Search for CTV and click the channel from the lists.
4. Click Add Channel and it shows you as Installed.
5. Restart your Roku TV and check whether the app gets added.
How to Screen Mirror CTV on Roku
The alternative method to watch CTV on Roku is screen mirroring from the Android or iOS device. Screen Mirroring and AirPlay are the built-in features available on your Roku device.
Screen Mirror CTV from Android
You need to enable Screen Mirroring on Roku to mirror the CTV app from your Smartphone. After that, you need to connect your Roku device and Android Smartphone to the same WiFi network.
1. Launch the Google Play Store on your Android Smartphone and install the CTV app.
2. Open the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
3. Then, choose your Roku device.
4. Launch the CTV app and sign in with your cable TV provider account.
5. Choose any entertainment content available on the CTV app for streaming.
AirPlay CTV from iPhone
1. Ensure that you have connected your iOS Smartphone and Roku to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the App Store on your iPhone and install the CTV app from the App Store.
4. Go to the Control Center on your iOS Smartphone and tap on the Screen mirroring icon.
5. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices to connect.
6. Launch the CTV app and sign in to your account.
7. Finally, you can choose any of your favorites to watch on your Roku TV.
How to Fix CTV Not Working on Roku
Suppose the CTV app is not working on Roku, you need to follow the troubleshooting procedure to resolve the condition.
1. Check the internet connection when the content buffers
2. Update the Roku device to the latest version.
3. Update the CTV app on the Channel Store.
4. Restart the Roku device to fix minor bugs.
5. Reinstall the CTV app to clear the cache.
Frequently Asked Question
Yes, the CTV app is free to install on Roku devices.
No. Unfortunately, the CTV app can’t be accessed in the US, as it is geo-restricted content.