CTV is a Canadian TV channel network launched in 1997 and primarily focuses on Canada’s news content. It includes local, national, and international news content streaming 24×7 for all 365 days. In 2010, it was acquired by Bell Canada for an amount of 3.2 Billion Canadian dollars. After it was maintained by Bell media in 2011, it started HD streaming and is also available for all operating systems. In this article, we teach you how to install and watch CTV on Roku.
The CTV telecasts daily morning news shows covering all the local and international news in a single episode. CTV national news at night and a weekly question and answer show every Sunday. The live news anchors are rotated, and a special schedule is given to the anchors.
How to Watch CTV on Roku?
CTV is available as part of the Canada Entertainment channel on Roku. So, below are the steps to add the CTV app to Roku.
1. Connect the Roku device to your TV and turn it on.
2. Press the Home button on your Roku remote to go to the Roku home screen.
3. Select the Streaming Channels options in the left menu.
4. Under Streaming Channels, click the Search Channels option.
5. Type CTV in the search box and tap the OK button.
6. Select the CTV app from the search result.
7. Now, click on Add channel to install the app.
8. After adding the CTV app, click on the OK button.
9. Next, select the Go to Channel option to launch the app.
Alternative Method – Add CTV to Roku
With the steps below, you can easily add the CTV app from the web.
2. Next, click on the Sign in button from the upper right corner and enter your Roku credentials to sign in to your account.
3. After that, use the search box to enter and search for the CTV app.
4. Choose the CTV app from the search result.
5. Click on the Add Channel button.
Now, the CTV app will be automatically added to your Roku TV once it gets connected to an internet connection.
How to Activate CTV on Roku
1. After launching the CTV channel, you can see an activation code. Note the code down.
2. Next, visit the activation website of CTV ctv.ca/activate.
3. Enter the Activation Code on the respective field and click on Submit.
4. Input your TV provider’s credentials to sign in to your account.
5. Next, relaunch the CTV channel on your Roku TV and stream any of your favorites.
How to Screen Mirror CTV on Roku
Screen Mirroring is a built-in feature available on your Roku device. But you need to enable the Screen Mirroring on Roku to mirror the CTV app. And to enable the screen mirroring on Roku, go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode. Then, select the Allways Allow option. Then, you can follow the steps below.
Screen Mirror the CTV App from Android Smartphone to Roku
1. Launch the Google Play Store on your Android Smartphone and install the CTV app.
2. Then, open the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
NOTE: Ensure that you have connected your Roku device and Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Then, choose your Roku device.
4. Now, launch the CTV app and sign in with your cable TV provider account.
5. Chose and play any entertainment content available on the CTV app.
6. Finally, the selected entertainment content will play on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror the CTV App from iOS Smartphone to Roku
Before getting into the section below, update your Roku device and iOS Smartphone to the latest version and follow the steps below:
1. Open the App Store on your iOS Smartphone.
2. Next, search and install the CTV app.
3. After that, ensure that you have connected your iOS Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
4. Then, go to the Control Center on your iOS Smartphone and tap on the Screen mirroring icon.
5. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
6. Launch the CTV app and sign in to your account.
7. Finally, you can choose any of your favorites to watch on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror CTV to Roku from PC
With the web version of the CTV platform, you can access some of the content for free. But to have complete access to the CTVs web version, you need to Sign in with your cable TV provider account. And the following section will help you with mirroring the CTV from a PC.
1. Launch any web browser from your PC.
2. Then, visit the official website of CTV.
3. Click on the Sign In button from the upper right corner and sign in to your account.
4. Then, choose any of your favorite content and play it.
5. Next, press and hold the Windows + K Keys simultaneously and choose your Roku device.
6. Finally, the contents from the CTV will stream on your Roku TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the CTV app is available on Roku.
Yes, you can add the CTV app from the Channel Store and stream it on your Roku device.