DirecTV Stream, formerly known as AT&T TV, has both Live TV and on-demand content on a subscription basis. If you are an existing DirecTV Stream user, you can stream media content directly using your cable TV subscription without any extra cost. DirecTV Stream is available as a standalone channel on the Roku channel store. So let’s see how to add and stream DirecTV Stream on Roku.
DirecTV Stream Subscription Plans
There are four subscription plans available on AT&T TV:
- Entertainment Package – $69.99 per month – 65+ Channels
- Choice Package – $89.99 per month – 90+ Channels
- Ultimate Package – $104.99 per month – 130+ Channels
- Premier Package – $149.99 per month – 140+ Channels
DirecTV Compatible Roku Devices
Below are the compatible Roku devices that support the DirecTV Stream channel. If you have any of the following Roku device models, you can install the application and start streaming it directly on your device.
- Roku Streaming Stick (3500X, 3600X, 3800X) and Streaming Stick+ (3810X, 3811X)
- Roku 2 (2720X, 4210X)
- Non-4K Roku TV (5000X, 8000X)
- Roku Express (3700X, 3900X, 3930X) and Express+ (3710X, 3910X, 3931X)
- Roku Premiere (3920X, 4620X) and Premiere+ (3921X, 4630X)
- 4K Roku TV (6000X, 7000X, A000X, C000X, C000GB)
- Roku Ultra (4640X, 4660X, 4661X, 4670X) and Roku LT (2700X)
- Roku 1 SE (2710X)
How to Sign Up for DirecTV Stream?
Here are the ways to sign up for DirecTV Stream:
 On a web browser, visit https://www.directv.com/stream/.
 Scroll down to find the list of available packages and choose the one that suits you.
 The package page opens. You can choose the add-ons that suit you.
 At the end of the page, choose the Secure Checkout option.
 If you are a new user, enter the details and create your user ID. If you are an existing user, log in with your userID and password.
 Click on the Continue to Payment option.
 Enter the payment details and subscribe to the package.
How to Add and Watch DirecTV Stream on Roku?
DirecTV Stream is available on the Roku Channel Store. You can add it directly to your device.
 Press the Home button to view the main menu.
 Click on the Search option from the menu.
 Type DirecTV Stream using the virtual keyboard.
 Click on Add channel to add DirecTV Stream from the channel store.
 Wait for some time till the channel gets added, and click on Go to Channel.
 Sign in with your DirecTV login credentials (username & password).
 After signing in, select and play the content you want.
Alternative Method to Stream DirecTV Stream on Roku
If your Roku device is not compatible with DirecTV Stream, you can use the screen mirroring on Roku to mirror the DirecTV Stream app from Android or iOS smartphones.
How to Screen Mirror DirecTV Stream from Android Smartphone?
Connect your Android Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below.
1. Swipe your Android Smartphone’s screen from up to down, and this brings down the Notification Panel.
2. Tap on the Cast icon, and a list of available devices will appear.
3. From the list of available devices, select your Roku device.
4. Now, open the DirecTV app. If you haven’t installed the DirecTV app, you can get the app from the Google Play Store.
5. Sign in with your subscription credentials and mirror your favorites to your Roku TV.
How to Screen Mirror DirecTV Stream from iOS Smartphone
Ensure that you have connected your iOS Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below:
Important Note: To screen mirror iOS Smartphone, you need to change the settings on your Roku device. To do that, go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit. Then, choose the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings. Next, select the AirPlay option and enable it.
1. From the App Store, install the DirecTV Stream app.
2. Then, launch the DirecTV Stream app.
3. Next, input your subscription credentials and sign in to your account.
4. After that, swipe your iOS Smartphone screen from up to down to bring down the Control Center.
5. Now, from the Control Center, tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
6, Choose your Roku device from the scanned list.
7. Go to the DirecTV Stream app and mirror your favorite content.
AT&T TV contents are now available on the DirecTV Stream channel. You can add the DirecTV Stream on Roku and stream all your favorite content on the TV. You can choose from 4 subscription plans available. The plans include the best Roku channels like HBO Max, Showtime, Starz, Epix, Cinemax, and much more. Choose the plans on a monthly subscription and start streaming all your favorite on the TV.
Yes, you can get the DirecTV Stream on Roku from the Channel Store.
You need to subscribe to the Entertainment plan at $69.99 to access the DirecTV Stream platform.