DIRECTV is one of the popular cable TV providers in the United States. With a subscription to this cable TV provider, you can stream over 200+ live TV channels. Even you can access these live TV channels anytime using the DIRECTV app. The DIRECTV app supports various streaming devices. Luckily, the DIRECTV app also supports your Roku.
Note: Both the DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM customers can install the DIRECTV app to stream live TV channels anytime and anywhere on Roku.
How Much is the DIRECTV App on Roku
You can get access to the DIRECTV app in two ways. They are:
- Using the DIRECTV – Satellite TV provider
- With the DIRECTV STREAM Subscription
The following are the subscription plans offered by DIRECTV – Satellite TV provider:
- Entertainment Plan: $74.99 per month – 165+ channels
- Choice Plan: $79.99 per month – 200+ channels
- Ultimate Plan: $99.99 per month – 270+ channels
- Premiere plan: $149.99 per month – 340+ channels
Note: You can get the Subscription from DIRECTV – Satellite TV provider through their official website.
DIRECTV STREAM is a streaming service that offers 100+ live TV channels with its subscription. Additionally, the following are the subscription plans offered by DIRECTV STREAM.
- Entertainment Package – $69.99 per month – 65+ Channels
- Choice Package – $89.99 per month – 90+ Channels
- Ultimate Package – $104.99 per month – 130+ Channels
- Premier Package – $149.99 per month – 140+ Channels
Note: To get a subscription from DIRECTV STREAM, you need to visit its official website.
DIRECTV App Compatible Roku Devices
Below are the compatible Roku devices that support the DIRECTV app. If you have any of the following Roku device models, you can install the app and start streaming the live TV channels directly on your Roku.
- Roku Streaming Stick (3500X, 3600X, 3800X) and Streaming Stick+ (3810X, 3811X)
- Roku 2 (2720X, 4210X)
- Non-4K Roku TV (5000X, 8000X)
- Roku Express (3700X, 3900X, 3930X) and Express+ (3710X, 3910X, 3931X)
- Roku Premiere (3920X, 4620X) and Premiere+ (3921X, 4630X)
- 4K Roku TV (6000X, 7000X, A000X, C000X, C000GB)
- Roku Ultra (4640X, 4660X, 4661X, 4670X) and Roku LT (2700X)
- Roku 1 SE (2710X)
How to Add and Watch DIRECTV on Roku
 Press the Home button on your Roku remote and go to the home screen.
 Click on the Streaming Channels option from the home screen.
 Next, select the Search Channels option.
 Type DIRECTV using the virtual keyboard and search for it.
 From the search result, choose the DIRECTV app.
 Click on the Add Channel button from the channel info page.
 Wait for the installation to complete, and then select the OK button from the prompt.
 After that, select the Go to Channel option to launch the DIRECTV app.
 Sign in with your DIRECTV login credentials (username & password).
 After signing in, select and play the content you want.
How to Add DIRECTV on Roku using the Official Roku App
You can also connect the Roku app to TV and add the DIRECTV app to your Roku remotely.
2. Then, sign in with your Roku account.
3. Select the Devices tab from the lower right corner.
4. Next, connect your Android or iOS Smartphone and Roku to the same wifi network.
5. Now, the Roku Mobile app will scan for nearby devices. From there, choose your Roku device and connect it to the Roku app.
6. After that, tap the Channels tab below your Roku device.
7. Choose the Channel Store tab. Next, search for the DIRECTV app.
8. Choose the DIRECTV app from the search result.
9. Now, tap the Add Channel button. After the request is made, the DIRECTV app will be added to your Roku in 24 hours.
If you need to add the DIRECTV app immediately to your channels grid, update your Roku to the latest version.
How to Watch DIRECTV on Roku by Screen Mirroring
In case the DIRECTV app is incompatible with your Roku device, do not worry. This is because you can screen mirror the DIRECTV app from your Android or iOS devices to Roku.
Screen Mirror DIRECTV to Roku from Android Devices
1. Connect your Android Smartphone and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Swipe your Android Smartphone’s screen from up to down, and this brings down the Notification Panel.
3. Tap on the Cast icon, and a list of available devices will appear.
4. From the list of available devices, select your Roku device.
5. Now, open the DIRECTV app. If you haven’t installed the DIRECTV app, you can get the app from the Google Play Store.
6. Sign in with your subscription credentials.
7. Play any live TV channel, movie, or TV show and mirror them to your Roku.
Screen Mirror DIRECTV to Roku from iOS Devices
First, enable the AirPlay feature on Roku. Then, you can follow the steps below:
1. Make sure to connect your iOS device to the same wifi network as Roku.
2. Next, from the App Store, install the DIRECTV app.
3. Launch the DIRECTV app after installation.
4. Input your subscription credentials and sign in to your account.
5. Swipe down your iOS device’s screen and bring down the Control Center.
6. From the Control Center, tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
7 From the scanned device list, select your Roku device.
8. Now, your iOS device’s screen will be mirrored to the Roku TV display.
9. Go back to the DIRECTV app and stream your favorites.
Now, you can enjoy streaming DIRECTV on Roku.
The DIRECTV app is filled with rich entertainment content that can be accessed anytime and anywhere. So, with the reliable methods mentioned in this article, you can watch 200+ live TV channels and 10000+ on-demand content on your Roku easily by installing the DIRECTV app.