Discord is a video, voice, and text chat app that make a home for communities and friends group. If you are part of a school club, gaming group, or worldwide art community, this app will be very useful in connecting with them online. The Discord app supports various devices, but Roku is not among the supported devices list. It is easy to connect to the Roku device, and it helps during video calls for better viewability.
What’s on Discord
- Discord offers voice chat to communicate with a large number of people instantly.
- It organizes the chats, channels, and groups for effective handling.
- The app provides a Private message option apart from the group chats.
- It offers administrative tools to manage the channels of a wider audience.
- You can share photos, videos, docs, memes, audio files, and more without any trouble.
How to Get Discord on Roku
Unfortunately, Discord is not available in the Roku channel store. But you can get this app on Roku through Screen Mirroring from:
How to Screen Mirror Discord to Roku from Android Devices
Initially, make sure that your Android device and Roku are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You have to enable screen mirroring on Roku to mirror the screen of Android as well as PC.
1. Go to the Play Store on your Android device.
2. Click on the Search bar and search for the Discord app.
3. Select the app from the search result.
4. Tap the Install button on the Play Store, and the app will install on your Android device.
5. Swipe down the Notification Panel and select the Cast option.
6. Choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
7. Now, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to your Roku TV display.
8. Launch the Discord app and sign in to your account.
9. Now, you can make a video call and watch it on Roku.
How to Screen Mirror Discord on Roku from Windows PC
1. Open any web browser on your Windows PC.
2. Download Discord for Windows through its official website.
3. Launch the Discord Installer file and follow the on-screen prompts to install the app on your Windows PC.
4. Next, ensure that you have connected your Windows PC and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
5. Press the Windows + K Keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
6. From the Connect window that appears on your PC’s screen, select your Roku device to connect.
7. Now, your Windows PC’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
8. Launch the Discord app on Windows PC and sign in to your account.
You have now successfully mirrored the Discord app on your Roku from Windows PC.
How to Screen Mirror Discord on Roku from iOS Devices
Roku offers inbuilt AirPlay support to connect to Apple devices. You need to turn on AirPlay on Roku to begin the screen mirroring process.
1. Connect your iOS device and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Move to the App Store and search for the Discord app.
3. From the search results, select the app and then tap Get to install the app from App Store.
4. Go to the Control Center on your iOS device and tap the Screen mirroring icon.
5. From the scanned devices list, select your Roku device’s name.
6. Now, your iOS device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
7. Launch the Discord app and sign in with your account.
8. You can now make a video call and watch it on the big screen.
Connecting Discord on Roku offers various functionalities, such as viewing photos and videos on your TV. It is mostly used for fan pages or gaming enthusiasts. You can also check out the best gameplay shared in the group on your Roku device.