Discord is a home for communities and friend groups to send and receive video, voice, and text chat. If you are part of a school club, gaming group, or worldwide art community, this app will be very useful in connecting with them online. The Discord app supports various devices, but Roku is not among the supported devices list. However, you can screen mirror the content from your smartphone and PC to Roku-powered TVs and devices. From this article, you will learn the possible ways to stream Discord on your Roku device/TV.
How to Screen Mirror Discord on Roku
Discord is a freemium service, and you can access its content for free with limited features. To unlock the unlimited features, you need to upgrade your account by paying the necessary subscription fee, which starts from $2.99/month.
Before you begin, make sure to turn on screen mirroring on Roku (Settings → System → Screen Mirroring → Screen Mirroring mode → Always Allow).
Screen Mirror Discord Using Android
1. Connect your Roku to the WIFI and attach your smartphone to the same WIFI.
2. Download and install the Discord app from any website on your Android smartphone.
3. Pull down the Notification Panel on your Android device and tap on the Cast icon.
4. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Now, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to your Roku.
6. After the process, launch the Discord app and sign in to that account.
7. Play any of your favorite content and watch them on your Roku.
Screen Mirror Discord Using Windows
1. Connect your Windows PC/Laptop and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Now, open any browser on your Windows PC/Laptop and visit the official website of Discord.
3. Sign in to your registered account.
4. Now, press the Windows+K keys on your keyboard simultaneously and select the Connect tile option.
5. From the Connect window, select your Roku device from the list.
6. Now, your Windows computer’s display will get mirrored to your Roku TV.
7. Go back to the Discord platform’s official webpage and play any of your desired videos.
8. Now, you can enjoy watching your favorite sports on your Roku.
How to AirPlay Discord on Roku
To AirPlay the content from your Apple device, you must enable the AirPlay feature on your Roku device (Settings → Apple AirPlay & HomeKit → Turn on AirPlay).
1. First, connect your iPhone/iPad/Mac and Roku to the same WiFi.
2. Open the Discord app on your iPhone and sign in with your credentials. If you don’t own the app, download it from the App Store.
FYI: If you’re a Mac user, log in to your Zwift account by visiting its official website.
3. Play any video you like to watch on Roku.
4. Head to Control Center on your iPhone/iPad/Mac and click the Screen Mirroring icon.
5. Choose your Roku device from the list.
6. When the devices get paired, the video starts streaming on Roku.
Best Alternatives for Discord
If you’re not interested in using the Discord app on your Roku device/TV, you can go with the alternatives listed below.
No, you cannot download Discord on Roku using the Channel Code.