Roku is one of the best streaming devices available today. It is the best because of its simplicity and ease to use. Roku launched its first-ever streaming device in early 2008. Since then, a lot of models with different advanced features was released. Each time, they considered the ease of use. There are a lot of different settings on Roku that you can change. One of such settings will let you change the language on the Roku device as well. Now let’s look more into these language settings on Roku.
Change the Language on Roku
The language on Roku can be easily changed for your convenience. In most Roku devices, English is set as the default language. You might change this default language into another language of your preference forever or for a concise time. However, you can always return to the default language, English, on Roku.
It has two different language settings.
- Roku Interface language
- Roku Subtitle language
How to Change the Interface Language on Roku?
The Interface language is the general language you see in Roku. To change this language to any language of your choice, follow these instructions.
1. Firstly, turn on your TV and connect to your Roku device.
2. On your home screen, select the Settings option.
3. Next, select the System option.
4. Next, choose the Language option.
5. Now, you can see the list of languages supported on your Roku device. Finally, choose the language you want in your Roku device.
With this, you have changed the interface language on Roku. You can see that the language on Roku has changed.
Change the Subtitle Language on Roku
The Subtitle Language is the language in which the subtitles appear on Roku. As you know, it is different from the Interface language. On Roku, you can choose the convenient subtitle language as well.
1. Firstly, select the Settings option from your Roku home screen.
2. Secondly, select the Captions option.
3. Next, choose the Captions Style option.
4. Next, select the Captions preferred language option.
5. Now, you can see a list of available languages. Finally, choose the language of your preference from the list.
Related: How to Set Favorite Channels on Roku?
Now you have changed the subtitle language of Roku to the one you prefer. However, this doesn’t mean you will get subtitles for all the content. Some contents may have no subtitles, and you won’t get subtitles for those even if you turn on the settings.