Roku Channel is a popular platform where you can stream live TV channels, movies, TV series, kids’ entertainment shows, and more for free. It has thousands of free movies and TV series, Roku Originals, 150+ live TV channels, and a lot more. It has channels like ABC News, NBC News Now, WeatherNation, etc. You can subscribe to premium channels like SHOWTIME, AMC+, STARZ, EPIX, and more. Moreover, the Roku Channel is compatible with many devices like Roku, Android, Smart TV, and more.
How to Install The Roku Channel
There are two ways to get The Roku Channel. They are:
- With Roku
- Without Roku
- Android Smartphone
- iOS devices like iPhone or iPad
- Amazon Fire TV
- Samsung TV
Get the Roku Channel Using Roku Device
1. Power on your Roku device and press the Home button on your remote.
2. Select the Streaming Channels option. Then, click on the Search Channels option.
3. Enter The Roku Channel on the search bar using the on-screen keyboard and search for it.
4. From the search results, select The Roku Channel and click on the Add Channel button.
Note: If the channel isn’t appearing on your screen, it means the channel isn’t supported on your device.
5. Select the OK button from the prompt after the adding process is complete.
6. Next, choose the Go to Channel option to launch The Roku Channel.
7. Sign in to your account and start streaming your favorite movies and TV shows.
How to Get the Roku Channel Without Roku
The following are the supported devices that you can use to install The Roku Channel.
Install The Roku Channel on Android Smartphone
There is no dedicated app for The Roku Channel on your smartphone. However, you can stream the content offered by The Roku Channel on your smartphone with the Roku app.
1. Open your Android device and launch the Play Store app.
2. Search for the Roku Mobile app, and from the search results, choose the app.
3. Next, select the Install button, and The Roku Mobile app will start to install on your device.
4. Once the Roku app is installed, hit the Open button.
5. Hit the Profile tab from the upper right corner and select the Sign In button.
6. Enter your credentials to sign in to your Roku account.
7. Tap on the Roku channel from the bottom of the interface.
8. Choose any movie or TV show and stream it on your Android smartphone.
Get The Roku Channel on Amazon Fire TV
1. Switch on your Amazon Fire TV and go to the home screen.
2. Next, select the Find tab.
3. Hit the Search tile below the Find tab.
4. Use the virtual keyboard to search for The Roku Channel.
5. Pick The Roku Channel from the search results.
6. Hit the Download or Get button to install The Roku Channel.
7. After installation, launch The Roku Channel and sign in to your Roku account.
8. Now, you can enjoy streaming your favorites from The Roku Channel on your Amazon Fire TV.
Download The Roku Channel on Samsung TV
1. Turn on your Samsung TV and press the Smart Hub button or Home button on your TV remote.
2. Now, navigate to the Apps sections and search for The Roku Channel.
3. Choose the app from the search results and select the Install button.
4. It will now take some time for The Roku Channel to install on your Samsung TV.
5. After installation, launch The Roku Channel and sign in to your account.
6. After that, you can start streaming your favorites on your TV.
Note: The Roku Channel is only compatible with Samsung TVs running the Tizen OS version 2.3, 2.4, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 5.5, and later versions.
How to Watch The Roku Channel Using a Web Browser
If you want to stream the Roku Channel using a web browser, make sure that the browser you are using is compatible with Roku.
|Android (7.0+)||Google Chrome|
|Mac OS X||Safari|
1. Open the web browser on any of your devices.
2. Visit the official website of The Roku Channel.
3. Sign in using your Roku account and enjoy watching the content available on The Roku Channel.
Get The Roku Channel on your iOS Device
1. Switch on your iOS device and open the App Store.
2. Hit the Search tab and search for The Roku Channel.
3. Select The Roku Channel from the search results.
4. Click on Get to install the app on your iOS device.
5. Once the app is installed, select the Open button to launch the app.
6. Login using your Roku account and hit the Roku Channel tab.
7. Now, you can start streaming your favorite movies and TV shows on your smartphone.
Note: Roku Mobile App is only compatible with iOS 11 or higher.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can get The Roku Channel on Firestick.
The services of The Roku Channel are offered for free with ads. Unfortunately, there is no option to get rid of the ads on The Roku Channel.