Lots of smart TV users out there in the world are moving towards the best streaming players. They are used as the cable TV replacement for the price and the numerous other advantages. Roku is a budget-friendly streaming player to stream almost anything on your smart TV. It is designed to be easy to set up and brings almost anything. So, you can choose from the free or paid channels available on Roku Store to stay tuned with live TV, movies, TV shows, music, and lots more. Roku is available as a streaming stick, player, and TV. So, choose anything for your big screen to watch unlimited videos from the comfort of your couch.
A lot of Roku users would have named the device while setting it up. Providing a unique name for the Roku player will help you identify your device easily. If you want to rename your Roku device for any reason once after the setup, then it is possible. The article deals with the procedure to change the Roku name using different methods. Have a look at it from the section below.
Need to Rename Roku Player
The most important reason for anyone to rename or change the Roku name includes the following.
- If you have more than one Roku device with the same name.
- If you want to name your device with a unique name.
- When you feel like the name you provided has been too old.
- If you want to easily identify the Roku player among the multiple devices.
How to Change the Roku Name?
There are two different ways in which you can rename the Roku device. It includes
- Using Roku account
- Using the Roku mobile app
Steps to Rename Roku Name using Roku Account
To change the Roku name, you should have firstly created an account with the Roku device. Then follow the procedure.
#1. On your phone or smartphone, visit https://my.roku.com first.
#2. Enter your Roku account details when prompted.
#3. Scroll down to choose the My linked devices option.
Note: If your Roku device has a name, then it will be shown. Else, you will see only the serial number (Go to Settings > System > About to see your Roku serial number)
#4. Click on the Pencil icon to the left of your Roku device’s name.
#5. Now, enter the customizable name you want and select the Update option.
Finally, you have renamed your Roku device.
Steps to Rename Roku Name using Roku App
Also, with the official Roku app, you can easily rename Roku. To do that, follow the steps below:
Note: You can also get the Roku app for PC.
1. Install the Roku Mobile app on your Android or iOS smartphone from the App Store or Google Play Store.
2, Next, connect your Android or iOS Smartphone to the same wifi network as Roku.
3. After that, launch the Roku Mobile app and sign in to your account.
4. Tap on the Devices tab from the lower right corner.
5. Your Roku app will scan for nearby devices. Once your Roku device appears on the list, select it.
6. Tap on the Three Horizontal Dotted icon from the top right corner near your Roku device.
7. Scroll down and select the Set Name and Location option.
8. Enter the new name you want and set a new location if needed.
9. Finally, tap on the Save option to apply the changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can rename your Roku device-connected TV.
Yes, you can rename your Roku device.