If you have installed plenty of Roku apps, finding the channel you like will be hard. However, Roku provides an option to add channels to favorites for quick access. Do you want to set up your favorite channels on Roku? This article is for you. Roku users can easily mark channels as favorites by going to the Channel Options menu. After that, you can filter the Live TV Channel Guide to display only your favorite channels on the home screen.
In this article, I will guide you on setting up your favorite Roku TV channels.
How to Add Favorite Channels on Roku TV
1. Turn on your Roku TV and connect it to the internet.
2. Go to the Roku home screen by clicking the Home key on the remote.
3. From the apps list, highlight your desired app and tap the Asterisk (*) key on the remote.
4. It will bring up the Channel options menu.
5. Select the Favorite channel option to mark it.
If you want to set multiple channels as a favorite on Roku, go to Channel options → Manage channels → Favorite channels → Checkbox the channels by pressing OK.
How to Add Favorite Channel to Roku Live TV Channel Guide
1. Turn on your Roku and go to the Live TV section. Select the Roku Live TV Channel Guide on the screen.
2. Now, click the OK button and press the Left Arrow button on the Roku remote.
3. Navigate and select the channel name. Press the * button on the Roku remote.
4. From the Channels options menu, click the Favorite this channel option. This will add your cable TV channels to favorites list so you can access them quickly.
How to Add Favorite Channels on Roku Streaming Channels
Apart from cable TV, you can add your favorite TV channels to your streaming channels. Follow the steps below to learn how to mark fuboTV on Roku as a favorite.
1. Run the fuboTV channel on your Roku device.
2. Next, select the Guide tab from the home screen to move to the programming guide of fuboTV.
3. From the programming guide, select any channel to add to your favorites.
4. Press the OK key on the Roku remote.
5. Now, choose the Favorite Channel button on the right pane.
6. If you want to remove from the favorite channel list, select the Unfavorite Channel button.
That’s it. Your favorite live TV channels will appear at the top of the programming guide’s list.
How to Move Channels on Roku
1. Press the Home button on your screen and launch the home page.
2. Highlight the channel to move up or down the list.
3. Press the Asterisk (*) button on your remote after highlighting the channel.
4. Next, choose the Move channel option.
5. Next, place the channel in the desired position.
6. Press the OK key on the Roku remote.
Repeat the same for other channels on Roku until you set your favorite channel list.
How to Hide Channels on Roku
If you don’t want to see unused channels on the homepage, you can hide channels on Roku with these steps.
1. Go to Roku’s home screen by pressing the Home key on the remote.
2. Highlight the channel you want to hide.
3. Tap the Asterisk (*) button on the Roku TV remote.
4. Hit the Hide this channel option.
In case you want to hide multiple channels at once, go to Channel options → Manage channels → Manage channel lineup → Checkbox the channels to hide and press OK.
How to Remove Channel on Roku
If you think a particular channel is no longer required, you can delete the channel on Roku with these steps.
1. Launch the Roku home page by pressing the Home button on the Remote.
2. Highlight a channel you want to remove from the list.
3. Tap the Asterisk (*) button on your Roku remote.
4. Choose the Remove Channel option from the menu.
5. Finally, choose the OK button to confirm it.
Now, the channel has been removed from the list. Repeat the same for other channels on the list.
How to Turn Off Favorites Channels on Roku
1. On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
2. Next, select Settings from the left pane.
3. Now, choose TV Inputs > TV.
4. Select the Favorite Channels option.
5. Finally, untick the checkbox near the Enable Favorite Channels.
Go to Channel options → Filter → Choose All channels, Recents, or Favorites.
Plug the coaxial cable of the Antenna to the back side of the Roku TV. On the home screen, select Settings > TV inputs > Antenna TV > Set up input. Then, follow the on-screen prompts.
Filter the channel to display a channel you are searching for. Go to Channel options → Manage Channels → Manage channel lineup → Move up or down the list and find the channel → If there is a checkmark in the box, tap OK to uncheck the box.