In some Roku device models, you will receive a Roku remote without the Power button. In such a scenario, many Roku users have trouble turning off their devices. Everyone will get stuck in a situation where they cannot find the Power button on their TV’s remote to turn off their device. But it doesn’t matter, as there are multiple ways to turn on Roku with and without the use of the remote control.
How to Turn Off Roku [All Models]
The following section covers the guide to turning off different Roku device models. Roku models that are covered in this article are:
Turn Off Roku Player
The following steps will help you to turn off your Roku players:
- Unplug the cable that is connected to the power source. This automatically cuts the power supply to your Roku player, and thus your Roku device will turn off.
- Alternatively, you can unplug the HDMI cable connecting your Roku player and TV. This also shuts your Roku player off. But it will also be necessary to turn off the power supply to your Roku player.
Turn Off Roku Streaming Stick
Roku device models like Roku Streaming Stick don’t need an external power supply. You just can connect your Roku streaming stick directly to the USB port or use an HDMI Cable extender to set the device up on your TV. So, in case you have a Roku Streaming Stick connected, you just need to turn off your TV and unplug your Roku TV Stick. With this, you can turn off your Roku Streaming Stick.
Turn Off Roku 4
You can easily turn off your Roku from the Settings itself. The following are the steps to do the same:
1. Go to Settings from the Roku home screen.
2. Scroll down and select the System option.
3. Locate and select the Power option.
4. Hit the Power Off button to turn off your Roku device.
Here, you can also choose the Auto Power off option and set a timer to turn off your device.
Turn Off Roku TV
There are two ways to turn off your Roku TV. They are:
- Using the Power Settings
- With the Standby Mode
Turn Off Roku TV using the Power Settings
1. Press the Home button on your remote and select Settings from the left pane.
2. Next, choose the System option.
3. Then, go to the Power option.
4. Scroll down and select the Auto Power Savings option.
5. Choose the Turn Off After 4 Hours option.
This turns off your Roku TV if it is inactive for 4 consecutive hours.
Turn Off Roku TV using the Standby Mode
On your Roku TV remote, you can find the Power button located at the top. Press and hold on to the Power button for a few seconds until your Roku TV turns off. While performing this function, your Roku TV must be turned on.
These two methods only turn off your TV display. For your Roku Tv to completely turn off, you need to cut the power supply to your TV.
BONUS: How to Turn Off Roku device / TV Without a Remote
You can also connect the Roku app to the TV and control your device without a remote. Even you can turn off your Roku using the Roku remote app.
2. After installing the Roku app, launch it.
3. Make sure you have connected your Roku device and Android or iOS device to the same wifi network.
4. Sign in with your Roku account.
5. Next, hit the Devices tab from the bottom of the screen.
6. From the list of nearby devices, select your Roku device.
7. Once your Roku device is connected to the Roku app, hit the Remote tab.
8. Next, hit the Power button located at the upper right corner of the interface.
This turns your Roku device off. Also, you can use any of the methods mentioned in this article to turn off your Roku with and without a remote.