Hulu is an on-demand streaming device in today’s market. It is the closest competitor of Netflix. You can stream unlimited movies, TV shows, etc., on the Hulu app. It also offers you LIVE TV services. Hulu on Roku device is majestic. However, sometimes Hulu does not cooperate with the Roku devices. The Roku users have reported that they are facing many technical problems while streaming Hulu on Roku devices. In this article, we will help you to fix Hulu not working on Roku. Follow the methods as headed below.
How to Fix Hulu not working on Roku?
Below are the different methods to fix Hulu not working issue on Roku:
1. Update Roku device and Hulu app
2. Check Roku Device Compatibility
3. Check Internet Connection
4. Restart your Roku device
5. Uninstall and Reinstall the Hulu app
6. Clear Cache and Data
7. Powe cycle on your Roku device
8. Re-login into your account
9. Ensure using a supported device
10. Try using another show
11. Report a problem to Hulu
Method 1: Update Roku device and Hulu app
Updating your device is the foremost solution to clear the errors. Updating the Roku device will automatically update all the apps in it. Follow the steps to update the Roku device.
1. Press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Navigate to Settings > System > System Updates.
3. Select Check Now option and follow the instructions to install any available updates.
Method 2: Check Roku Device Compatibility
Check whether your Roku device is compatible with the Hulu app in the help center by referring to the list of supported devices.
If this device is unsupported, try using the web browser to access the Hulu app on your device.
Method 3: Check Internet Connection
Check the internet connection whether it is working fine. If not, check it using the following steps.
1. Open the Home screen of the Roku device and go to Settings.
2. Now select Network and check the Roku device connection.
3. If connected, click the Check Connection button to check the strength.
Method 4: Restart your Roku device
You can restart your Roku device if there is any temporary issue occurred. To restart, follow the steps.
- Go to Home screen > Settings > System > System Restart.
- Click the Restart button and wait till your Roku device Reboot.
Method 5: Uninstall and Reinstall the Hulu app
Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Hulu app will help you to fix many bugs. Follow the step to uninstall and reinstall.
1. Press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Highlight the Hulu app icon in the channel grid.
3. Hit the star(*) button on the Roku remote.
4. Select Remove channel to remove the app.
1. From the Home screen, head to Roku Channel Store.
2. Search the Hulu app in the search button and Install it.
Method 6: Clear Cache and Data
Clearing the corrupted cache and data may help the Hulu app to work on the Roku device. To clear them, follow the steps as directed below.
1. Navigate your Home screen.
2. Select the Hulu channel.
3. Then, you need to press the Asterisk Button on your Roku remote.
4. Click on Remove Channel.
5. Now, Restart your Roku device to Clear the Cache.
Method 7: Power cycle your Roku
Try using the power cycle of your Roku device to fix Hulu on Roku. Power cycling will remove temporary glitches from the device. Follow the steps.
1. Unplug your Roku from the power socket.
2. Wait for 2 minutes.
3. After 2 minutes, Plug in the device and turn it ON.
4. Now, check whether you can play Hulu on Roku.
Method 8: Re-login into your accout
1. Get your Hulu app account on the webserver.
2. Click Profile icon > Manage device.
3. Identify your Roku device from the list and click Sign Out.
4. Restart your Roku device and Log in to your account.
Method 9: Ensure using a supported device
As per the update, Hulu functions only on the latest Roku device. They have listed the latest device as headed below.
- Roku express and Express+
- Roku Premiere and Premiere+
- 4K New Roku TV
- Roku 3 and 4
- Roku Ultra
- The Roku TV
- Roku 2 (model 4216)
- Roku Streaming Stick (model 3500 or later)
Method 10: Try using another show
If you found any difficulties in watching the specific show on Hulu, turn back to the media library and select any random movies or shows so that you can able to identify the problem, whether it is for a specific show or an entire platform.
Method 11: Report a problem to Hulu
If the problem is continuous, we suggest you visit the Hulu help center and explain the problem clearly and briefly to help you with their suggestion. You can even browse about the issue on Hulu’page and see whether you can find an answer for the issue. You can also visit the Roku team to fix this issue. If you get any suggestions, let us know about them in the comment section.
Watching the Hulu channel on a Roku device is a treat for people as it provides high-quality video content for people. The Hulu app will help you to watch all your favorite videos on the Roku device. People found streaming Hulu on Roku has some software issues and errors. These errors are normal, and they can be cleared up with certain methods. We have provided all the methods to fix Hulu on the Roku device. Try them and share your experience with us.