Hulu is the one place destination to stream all of your favorite movies and TV shows. Also, you can watch Live TV with the Hulu app. Additionally, you can access the Hulu app on your Roku device as it is available on the Roku Channel Store.
How to Get Hulu on Roku
1. Get to the Roku home screen anywhere by pressing the Home button on your remote.
2. From the Roku home screen, select the Streaming Channels option.
3. Scroll down and choose the Search Channels option.
4. Enter Hulu on the Search Bar using the virtual remote. Then, search for the Hulu app.
5. Pick Hulu from the search results.
6. Next, hit the Add Channel button from the channel Info screen.
7. Finally, the adding process for the Hulu app will start.
8. Once the adding process ends, hit the OK button from the prompt.
9. Next, choose the Go to Channel option to launch the Hulu app.
How to Activate Hulu on Roku
1. Launch the Hulu app and select the Log In button.
2. Now, you can see an activation code displayed on the screen. Note the activation code down.
3. Then, open a web browser and visit the activation webpage of Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/activate.
4. Log In with your Hulu account and input the Activation code.
5. Next, hit the Submit button and activate the Hulu app.
6. After that, move back to the Hulu app and start streaming your favorites.
Is Hulu on Roku Free
The Hulu app is free to add to your Roku from the Channel Store. But to access the Hulu app, you need a subscription.
How Much is Hulu on Roku
Hulu offers its subscription in two categories. They are:
- Base Plan
- Disney+ Bundle
- Hulu (With Ads) – $6.99 per month – After 10/10/2022, the price will be increased to $7.99 per month.
- Hulu (No Ads) – $12.99 per month – The subscription cost will increase to $14.99 per month after 10/10/2022
- Hulu + Live TV – $69.99 per month
Disney+ Bundle Plan:
- Hulu (With Ads) – $19.99 per month
- Hulu (No Ads) – $13.99 per month
- Hulu (No Ads+ Live TV – $75.99 per month
You can get a subscription from Hulu through their official website.
Hulu Supported Roku Device Models
The following table contains the list of supported Roku Device Models.
|Roku Streaming Stick (3600 or higher)|
How to Watch Hulu on Roku Outside the USA
Unfortunately, Hulu is available only inside the USA. So, the only way to stream Hulu outside the USA is by connecting to a VPN on Roku. Then, you can access your favorite content on Hulu from anywhere in the world.
How to Fix the Hulu Not Working Issue on Roku
You can try the following fixes if you find that the Hulu app is not working.
1. Check your internet connection – Make sure that you are using a stable internet connection. Otherwise, the content will load slowly on the Hulu app.
2. Check the servers – Use third-party websites like Downdetector to check the servers of Hulu.
3. Remove the Hulu app – Try deleting the channel on Roku and re-install the app.
4. Update Roku – Using updated Roku firmware, you can easily clear the errors on your Roku. Thereby, you can fix the issue with the Hulu app.
5. Update Hulu – It is possible that you may not have updated the Hulu app for a while. If its the case, update the Hulu app to the latest version.
Check the internet connectivity issues and fix the Hulu not loading or freezing issues with the Hulu app.
Go to your channel’s grid and select the Hulu app. Next, hit the Asterisk button on your remote and choose the Check for updates option. Finally, the Hulu app on your Roku will be up to date.
Launch the Hulu app and hit the Profile icon. Then, scroll down and choose the Log out option.