MX Player is a well-established multimedia player and video streaming application in India. It is known for its convenience to users and the ability to play various video formats smoothly. In addition to this, it also streams movies, TV shows, other similar content, and its Originals. MX Player is available only on a few platforms, and sadly Roku isn’t on that list. But we can still access MX Player on Roku using some methods, which we’ll be elaborating on in the upcoming lines.
How Much is MX Player on Roku
MX Player is a free-to-use platform. You can play downloaded videos and some online content for free. But if you want ad-free and early access to MX Original shows, then you need to have an MX Gold subscription. MX Gold plans come in two variants.
- MX Gold Quarterly: ₹299/3 months
- MX Gold Annual: ₹499/year
What’s on MX Player
- Allows playing different types of media files in local storage, such as videos and audio.
- It offers its own content named MX Originals.
- MX Player has its own video streaming platform called MXTube.
- It has a library of 1000s of movies and TV Shows.
- With an MX Gold subscription, users can get an ad-free watching experience.
- It has gesture controls, subtitle support, and offline video playback.
How to Sign Up for MX Player
As previously said, MX Player is a free-to-use platform. But, if you wish to subscribe to MX Gold, follow the ensuing steps.
1. On a browser, visit MX Player’s official website.
2. Click on the Go-Ad-Free option provided at the top-right corner.
3. Pick a plan and apply the coupon code if you’ve any. Then click Buy Now.
4. Now, you are required to sign up either with your Indian mobile number or with your Gmail or Facebook account.
5. Continue to make the payment. You can use Debit/Credit cards, UPI, Wallets, Netbanking to make the payment.
6. After successful payment, you’ll receive the credentials to access MX Gold.
Ways to Access MX Player on Roku
As we already that, MX Player is not available on the Roku Channel Store, so you have to use the Screen Mirroring technique to access it on Roku. MX Player can be accessed from its website and also through its Android and iOS apps. Some of the platforms/devices with which we can screen mirror are,
Additionally, before screen mirroring MX Player on Roku, some of the prerequisites to be taken care of are,
- Enable the screen mirroring option on Roku,
- Connect your Roku and the streaming device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the MX Player app on your Android/iOS device.
Screen Mirror MX Player on Roku from Android Device
1. Launch the MX player app after installation on your Android Smartphone.
2. If required, sign in to your account.
3. Turn on the Cast feature which can be found on the Notification panel or in your device’s Settings.
4. Now, choose your Roku from the list of available devices.
5. After a successful connection, return to the MX Player app on your Android mobile and start streaming your favorite content.
6. The content you stream gets displayed on your Roku TV simultaneously.
Screen Mirror MX Player on Roku from iOS Device
1. On your iOS device, launch the MX Player app.
2. Sign in to your account as needed.
3. Go to the Control Center and enable the Screen Mirroring option.
4. Select your Roku device and get it connected.
5. Now, start streaming MX Player content on your Roku-connected TV from your iPhone/iPad.
Screen Mirror MX Player on Roku from Mac
1. Turn on your Mac and connect it to Wi-Fi.
2. Open a browser and visit the MX Player’s official website.
3. Now, open Control Center on your Mac and click the Screen Mirroring option.
4. Choose your Roku from the list of devices.
5. After a successful connection, you can select and watch anything on the MX Player website on Roku.
Screen Mirror MX Player on Roku from Windows PC
1. Power on your Windows device and connect it to the internet.
2. Click the Windows + K shortcut on the keyboard.
3. A pop-up appears displaying the list of available devices for casting. Choose your Roku from the list.
4. After a successful connection, open the MX Player website on a browser.
5. Sign in if required and start playing your favorite content on your PC and Roku concurrently.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. There isn’t any free trial for MX Gold.
No, MX Player is not available in the United States. But you can use a VPN to access it through its official app or website.