My UK friend asked me to suggest an app for renting the latest Hollywood films and TV series. I recommended the CHILI app, which has blockbuster movies like The Equalizer 3, Gran Turismo, Beau is Afraid, etc. He rented The Equalizer 3 on the CHILI app by paying £15.99. After renting, he asked me how to watch this film on his Roku TV. As the CHILI app is unavailable on the Roku Channel Store, I told him to use the screen mirroring method to watch CHILI on Roku.
He told me that he hadn’t done screen mirroring on Roku. For his convenience, I prepared an article on streaming CHILI on Roku using screen mirroring from an Android and iPhone.
How to Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku
To screen mirror an Android to Roku, you should enable a few settings.
1. Turn on the Roku TV and connect it to the WiFi.
2. Go to the Home screen by clicking the Home key on the Roku remote.
3. Click Settings and choose System from the options.
4. Then, choose Screen Mirroring and click Screen Mirroring Mode.
5. Following that, choose Prompt.
How to Screen Mirror CHILI to Roku Using Android
1. Connect your Roku to WiFi, which should be the same as Android.
2. Install the CHILI application on your Android from the Play Store.
3. Open the CHILI application and sign in to your account.
4. Browse the app library and play the title you want to watch.
5. Swipe down the Notification bar on your Android device.
6. Tap the Cast icon and choose your Roku device from the devices list.
7. Once connected, the selected video will play on your Roku TV.
How to Turn on AirPlay on Roku
You must enable AirPlay on Roku to stream media files from an iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
1. Head to Settings on the Roku home page.
2. Select Apple AirPlay and HomeKit from the options.
3. Next, choose AirPlay and turn it ON.
How to AirPlay CHILI to Roku Using iPhone
1. Connect your iPhone and the Roku TV to the same WiFi.
2. Install the CHILI app on your iPhone from the App Store.
3. Open the app and sign in to your account with the proper credentials.
4. Browse through the app library and find any interesting title to play on your TV.
5. Go to your iPhone’s Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
6. From the devices list, choose your Roku device.
Now, the selected title will play on your Roku using screen mirroring.
How to Screen Mirror CHILI to Roku Using Mac
1. Connect a Mac to the same WiFi as your Roku device.
2. Launch Safari on Mac and visit the CHILI official website (https://uk.chili.com/).
3. Click LOG IN at the upper right corner of the webpage.
4. Sign in with your CHILI account credentials.
5. Play the desired title from the list of categories.
6. When it starts playing, click the Control Center icon on Mac. Select Screen Mirroring.
7. Choose your Roku device to connect.
Now, the selected media will play on your Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
The CHILI app is free to download and use. If required, you can purchase or rent movies and TV series within the CHILI app.
The CHILI app is unavailable in the Roku Channel Store. So, you can’t install the CHILI app.