Crackle is an on-demand streaming platform that you can consider for watching Hollywood movies, TV series, and originals free of cost. Launched originally under the name Grouper, the platform currently features plenty of engaging movies, including The 11th Hour, 24 Days, Melancholia, and Last Knights. Direct installation of Crackle on Roku is possible since it is found on the Roku Channel Store.
Viewers find Crackle as the best alternative for cable TV providers since it does not ask for any subscription to access its content. With a free account, you get exposed to its full library of new and iconic hits with limited ads. When it comes to availability, Crackle has restricted its content to the USA.
How Much is Crackle on Roku?
It does not cost anything to get Crackle on Roku. You can create a free account and enjoy its content with limited ads.
What’s on Crackle?
- Watch premium TV shows and films from the biggest library.
- Stream exclusive Crackle originals at any time for free.
- Access all the on-demand content without a subscription fee.
- Use the Filter genres like comedy, action, thriller, drama, etc, to easily access the content.
- Add your favorite titles to Watch Later for later viewing.
- From the Spotlight channel, get handpicked recommendations from the Crackle team.
How to Add Crackle on Roku
Roku Channel Store supports the Crackle app by default. Follow the steps below to add Crackle on Roku TV:
1. Plugin Roku streaming stick into the HDMI input port of your Smart TV.
2. Power on the TV and click on the Streaming Channels option.
3. Navigate to the Search Channels option.
4. Use the virtual keyboard to type in and search for Crackle.
5. Choose the Crackle channel from the search result.
6. You will be directed to the app info screen. Tap on Add Channel button.
7. Wait for the Crackle channel to get added to your Roku device. Once the Crackle is added, select the OK button from the prompt.
8. Next, choose the Go to Channel option to launch the Crackle app.
Alternative Method to Add Crackle on Roku
In case your Roku remote is not working, you can use your Roku Mobile app to add Crackle to Roku.
2. Next, launch the Roku Mobile app and sign in to your account.
3. After that, tap on the Devices tab from the lower right corner.
4. Now, your Roku device will appear on your smartphone’s screen once it is connected to the same wifi network as Roku.
5. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
6. Now, your Roku device will be paired with your Roku Mobile app.
7. After that, tap on the Channels tab.
8. Next, choose the Channel Store tab.
9. Search and choose the Crackle channel.
10. Tap on the Add Channel button.
Note: Crackle Channel will add to your Roku device within 24 hours. So, update Roku for the channel to show up immediately on your Roku device or TV.
How to Activate Crackle on Roku
To start using Crackle on Roku, you should activate it first by following the steps given below.
#1. Launch the Crackle channel on your device.
#2. An activation code will be shown on Roku TV. Note down the displayed code.
#3. Visit the Crackle activation website using any web browser. [www.crackle.com/tv]
#4. Enter the activation code as shown on the browser on Roku TV. Click on Continue.
#5. Then, sign in with your Crackle account.
#6. Finally, the Crackle platform will be activated on Roku.
#7. On your Roku device, go to the home screen and select the Home option.
#8. Navigate to the Crackle channel and press the OK button on your remote to launch Crackle.
#9. Finally, you can watch your favorite movies and TV shows for free on Roku.
How to Screen Mirror Crackle to Roku
By enabling Screen Mirroring on Roku, you can mirror the app from your Android smartphone.
1. From the Google Play Store, install the Crackle app.
2. After that, connect your Android smartphone to the same wifi network as Roku.
3. Next, go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
4. After that, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Launch the Crackle app and sign in to your account.
6. Choose your favorites and mirror them to your Roku device or TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can add and access Crackle for free on Roku.
Yes, you can get the streaming service on the Roku device or TV from the Roku Channel Store.
You can watch as much content of Cracke on Amazon Prime Video without any subscription.