Vudu is a streaming media or digital media store owned by Fandango. There is no fixed subscription price to watch/stream on Vudu. It is a pay-per-view service where you have to pay for the movie or TV show you want to stream. Vudu also has some free stuff that you can stream by simply signing in. Roku users can add the Vudu app directly from the Channel store. Either you can rent or purchase the title according to your wish.
- Rental pricing – starts from $0.99 to $5.99
- Purchase pricing – starts from $4.99 to $24.99
Note: Price varies according to the content you want to purchase or rent.
How to Add VUDU on Roku
The following are the step-by-step procedure to add VUDU to your streaming device.
 On the Roku home screen, go to Streaming Channels.
 Then, select the Search Channels option from the left pane.
 Search for Vudu and choose the Vudu app from the list.
 Click on Add channel and launch the channel by clicking on Go to channel.
 In order to watch Vudu content, you need to active the Vudu with your user account.
Alternative Method – How to Add VUDU on Roku
With the web version of the Roku Channel Store, you can easily add the VUDU channel to your streaming device.
1. Open a web browser on your streaming device and visit the official website of the Roku Channel Store.
2. Then, sign in to your account.
3. Use the Search Box to enter and search for the VUDU channel.
4. From the search results, choose the VUDU app.
5. Next, click on Add Channels to add the VUDU channel to your streaming device.
How to Activate VUDU on Roku
 Launch Vudu from your channel and click on Sign in.
 Note down the activation code that appears on the screen.
 From your smartphone or PC web browser, visit the Vudu activation site.
 Enter the activation code, and click on Submit.
 You will be asked to sign in with your Vudu account or create one (skip this step if you’re already logged in).
 Once the code is verified, the Vudu app will load the content automatically.
 Now, you can stream the Vudu content by either renting or purchasing it.
Related Guide: Steps to Stream Tubi TV on Roku
How to Purchase or Rent Movies/Shows on Vudu
 Press the Home button and choose Movies & TV Store.
 Select the Vudu Movies & TV channel.
 Choose the movie or show you need to buy or rent.
 Select the mode that you want and go through the payment process.
Alternative Method – Screen Mirror VUDU to Roku
The following steps will help you with screen mirroring the VUDU app from your Android Smartphone to your streaming device.
To initiate the screen mirroring on Roku process, go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring mode. Then, choose the Prompt or Allways Allow option to enable the screen mirroring on your Roku device.
1. On your Android Smartphone, open the Google Play Store.
2. Search and install the VUDU app.
3. After installing the VUDU app, navigate to the Notification Panel.
4. On the Notification Panel, find and tap on the Cast icon.
5. Now, choose your Roku device.
6. After that, the VUDU app will be mirrored to your Roku TV.
How to Fix If the Vudu on Roku is Not Working
If you encounter any issue in working with Vudu on your Roku device, do the following below.
- Update your Roku device to the latest version.
- (Settings >> System update >> Check now).
- Go to settings and clear cache on Roku.
- Restart your Roku device. After the restart, relaunch the Vudu and stream your media content.
- Settings >> System >> System restart (or) Settings >> System >> Power >> System restart.
- You can also install and use Movies Anywhere by linking your Vudu account inside the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
VUDU is a platform that you can use to rent or buy your favorite movies or TV series.
VUDU is free to add on Roku. But to stream on the VUDU platform, you need to rent or buy your favorites, starting from $0.99 to $24.99.