DS Video is the app you need to choose to stream the media content you stored on your Synology Diskstation. But recently, in September 2022, the DS Video app was removed from the Roku Channel Store. But there are a lot of ways you can use to get the DS Video app on your Roku.
You must be a Synology Disk Station device user. This device is nothing but Network Attached Storage (NAS). You need to connect this device to your LAN to save any of your media files on the Synology disk Station. Then, you can input your IP address on the DS Video app to access and stream the files you stored on the Synology Disk Station.
Is it Possible to Get DS Video on Roku
Yes, you can easily get the DS Video app on your Roku. For that, you need to install the DS Video app on your Android or iOS device from the Google Play Store or App Store. After that, you can screen mirror the DS Video app to your Roku.
- Enabling the Screen mirroring mode on Roku is mandatory.
- Secondly, enable the AirPlay on Roku to mirror your iOS devices like iPhones or iPad.
How to Screen Mirror DS Video to Roku from Android Devices
1. Make sure to connect your Android device to the same wifi network as Roku.
2. Next, move to the Notification Panel and hit the Cast icon.
3. Your Android device will scan for nearby devices. From there, select your Roku device.
4. Now, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
5. Launch the DS Video app and sign in with the IP address of your LAN.
6. Now, you can stream all the content available on the DS Video on your TV.
How to Screen Mirror DS Video to Roku from iOS Devices
1. Initiate the same wifi network connection between your iOS device and Roku.
2. Next, launch the Control Center and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. From the scanned devices list, tap your Roku devices name.
4. Now, you can see your iOS device’s screen is mirrored to Roku.
5. After that, open the DS Video app and Sign in to your account.
6. You can now choose any content on the DS Video app and mirror them to your TV.
Yes, access to the DS Video app is free with the purchase of Synology Diskstation. You only need the credentials of your Synology Diskstation server to access the DS Video app.
The agreement to carry the DS Video app in the Channel Store is expired.