DS (i.e., Disk Station) video is a free app for Roku TV, which allows you to easily watch videos. As it’s a dedicated app for Roku TV, no extra remote controls or streaming boxes are needed for streaming videos in this application. All you need to have is your own Synology NAS server. With DS video on Roku, you can browse and watch videos from numerous menus stores on your DiskStation, find video files using keywords, add your favorite videos to the “Favorites” or “Watchlist” collection and stream live tv with subtitles in a more convenient way. Also, the DS Video supports Roku. So, in the following section, you will find how you can add the DS Video to Roku.
Quick Steps: Download DS videos on Roku directly by go to Streaming Channel > Search Channels.
You must be a Synology Disk Station device user. This device is nothing but Network Attached Storage (NAS). That is, you can use connect this device to your LAN to save any of your files on the Synology disk Station. Then, you can input the IP address on the DS Video app to stream and access the files you stored on the Synology Disk Station.
Different ways to add DS video on Roku
- Installing DS video directly on Roku Device
- Adding DS Video via Mobile App
- Adding DS Video using via Web Browser
How to Install DS video directly on Roku Device
You can follow the steps below to install the DS Video from the Channel Store.
(1) Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
(2) On the left panel, click on the Streaming Channels option.
(3) Then head to Search Channels.
(4) Search and locate the Ds Video app using the search bar.
(5) Now, click on Add channels option.
(6) Once the DS video is added, you can select the Go to Channel option to launch the platform.
(7) Enter the IP address, User Name, and Password to log in to your account.
(8) Then, you can stream the videos you have added on your Synology Disk Station on the big screen.
Alternatively you can also make use of microphone button on your Roku remote or Roku mobile app to find and install this app. To do so, just press and hold the microphone button, say “launch DS video”, and follow the onscreen instruction to finish the DS video installation process on your Roku device.
Related – How to watch Comcast on Roku
How to add DS video via Roku App
(1) Launch the Roku mobile app on your Android or iOS device.
Download link for Android Smartphone: Roku app
Download Link for iOS Smartphone: Roku app
(2) Then, connect your Roku device and Android or iOS Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
(3) Next, tap on the Devices tab from the lower right corner.
(4) Now, your Roku device will appear on the screen. Tap on your Roku device to pair it to the Roku app.
(5) Select the Channels tab.
(6) Tap on the Channel Store tab. Here you may prompt to sign using your Roku account credentials before the Channel Store opens.
(7) Find and locate the DS video on Channel Store.
(8) Once you locate the DS video app, click on Add channel button.
(9) That’s it; once the DS video app installation is finished, you could be able to find that channel on your TV’s home page. If you can’t find it, try to update your Roku device and then search for the app in the channel list again.
How to add DS video via Web Browser
(1) Visit channelstore.roku.com by using any web browser on your mobile or desktop.
(2) Tap on the Sign-in option in the top-left corner.
(3) Then click on Search channels, type DS videos, and press enter.
(4) Probably, the official DS video app will appear in the search result; click the Details option in that app section to go to the Add channel page.
(5) Once you add the DS Video on Roku, you can launch and input your Synology disk Station credentials to stream the content stored on your Network Attached Storage device.
Related: How to watch Yellowstone on Roku
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, DS Video works well on Roku.
The DS Video app is the tool that you can use to access the videos stored on your Synology Disk Station. Also, you can use the DS Video for free.