EarthCam is an interesting app that brings you webcam content from across the world. It was founded by Bryan Cury in the year 1996. Since then, it has offered views of destinations from a network of scenic webcams across the world. You can search for any place and find webcam content from that particular place on your device. In this time of the pandemic, where you are not allowed to go outside much, you can travel across the world with this app. EarthCam is one of the best places for you to have a virtual travel to any place you love. EarthCam is accessed by people in 192 different countries. The section will serve you as a useful guide to access the EarthCam app on Roku.
EarthCam is not a free service, and it has a small one-time subscription of $4.99. However, you can unlock all the webcams on the EarthCam app with the subscription.
How to Access EarthCam on Roku?
You can’t find an EarthCam app in the Roku Channel Store. Let’s access it by Screen Mirroring its app from other devices.
Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku
Quick Tip: Go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring
1. Turn on your TV and connect the Roku device via the HDMI port.
2. From the Roku home screen, launch Settings.
3. From the settings menu, select the System option.
4. Also, choose the Screen Mirroring option and the Screen Mirroring Mode option.
5. From the next menu, choose the Prompt option, or the Always Allow option.
From Android Devices
1. Initially, connect your Android phone to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku device.
2. From the Google Play Store, install the EarthCam app.
3. Open the EarthCam app and complete the signup process as necessary.
4. Select any webcam you would like to watch on the app.
5. Open the Notification bar and tap the Cast icon.
6. From the list of devices, select your Roku device.
7. Finally, you can watch the respective webcam video on your TV.
From iOS devices
1. Initially, connect your iPhone/iPad to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.
2. Install the EarthCam app from the App Store on your device.
3. Open the EarthCam app and complete the signup process as required.
4. Choose any webcam from the app you would like to watch on Roku.
5. Next, launch the Control Center and tap Screen Mirroring.
6. Choose your iPhone/iPad from the list of devices on your screen, choose your iPhone/iPad.
7. Finally, you can watch the same webcam video on your TV.
Since there is no official application of EarthCam on Roku, the only way you can stream content from it is by screen mirroring. You can also access it with a browser on your PC like Edge, Chrome, and Firefox. The EarthCam TV has prescheduled content. However, you can search and watch any webcam with a schedule-free subscription. I hope that the section was useful enough for you to access EarthCam and complete your virtual world tour.