In most cases, your Roku TV screen will turn off automatically when inactive for a certain period of time. At that time, it will be difficult for you to navigate through your Roku TV to stream your favorites. However, with the Fast TV Start enabled on Roku, you can listen to music, live radio, podcasts, and more on Pandora, TuneIn, or iHeartRadio when the TV screen is off. In addition, you can wake your TV and perform various actions using voice commands. Also, your Roku maintains a connection with built-in speakers even when the TV is on standby. This allows you to use the speakers at any time.
How to Set Up Fast TV Start on Roku
There are two ways to enable the Fast TV Start. They are:
- Enable Fast TV Start with Remote
- Enable Fast TV Start using the Roku App
Enable Fast TV Start on Roku With Remote
1. Turn on and connect Roku to a wifi network.
2. Then, move to the Settings option from the home screen.
3. Select the System option from the Settings.
4. From the System section, choose the Power option.
5. Now, select the Fast TV Start from the menu.
6. Highlight the Enable ‘Fast TV Start‘.
7. Then, press OK on your remote button.
Finally, the Fast TV Start will be enabled on your TV.
Enable Fast TV Start using the Roku App
If your Roku remote is not working, you can use the remote interface on the Roku app to control your Roku TV.
Note: Connect your Android or iOS device to the same wifi network and follow the steps below:
1. First, download and install the Roku app on your Android or iOS devices.
Roku app for Android devices– Google Play Store
Roku app for iOS devices – App Store
2. Launch the Roku app after installation and accept the terms and conditions.
3. Sign in to your Roku account with proper credentials.
4. Tap on the Devices tab from the bottom of the screen.
5. Locate your Roku device from the available devices list and select it.
6. Once a successful connection is established, tap on the Remote tab.
Then, you can use the remote interface to select Roku Settings > System > Power > Fast TV Start > Enable ‘Fast TV Start’.
You can enable the Fast TV Start to wake your device with a voice command.
Some of the supported devices are Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Ultra models 4800 or 4802, and Roku Ultra LT (4801).