Freeview is a joint venture between BBC, ITV, Channel 4, and Sky in the United Kingdom. You can find interesting titles from all of these networks on Freeview. Also, you can find television channels, radio stations, and other interactive services in the Freeview app. The channels available on the service are updated at times. Some of the channels on Freeview include CBeebies HD, Together TV, That’s TV, BBC FOUR HD, CBS Drama, and more. Moreover, you can also watch all these channels from Freeview on Roku.
How to Stream Freeview on Roku
The Freeview app is unavailable on the Channel Store. But you don’t have to worry because you have the Freeview Play feature on Roku. With it, you can find some channels that are offered by the Freeview platform.
1. Launch the Roku home screen by pressing the Home button on your remote.
2. From the Roku home screen, select the Freeview Play option.
3. In the Freeview Play, you can find a section called Freeview Play What To Watch. Here, you can find recommendations from different services.
If you can’t see the Freeview Play option, update Roku to the latest version.
Alternative Method: How to Watch Freeview on Roku By Screen Mirroring
Screen Mirror Freeview to Roku From Android Devices
1. Connect the Android smartphone and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Launch the Notification Panel of your Android smartphone and tap the Cast icon.
3. When you see a list of devices on your screen, select the Roku device you wish to cast with.
4. With that, the screen of your Android smartphone will mirror your TV screen.
5. Install the Freeview app from the Google Play Store.
6. After installation, launch the app and sign in to your account.
7. Play any of your favorites and watch them on Roku.
Screen Mirror Freeview to Roku From iOS Devices
1. Start by connecting your iOS smartphone to the same wifi network that your Roku device is connected with.
2. Install the Freeview app from the App Store.
3. Launch the Control Center and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. From the list of devices on your screen, choose the Roku device you wish to connect with.
5. Launch the Freeview app and sign in with your account.
6. Finally, play any content and watch them on your TV.
Screen Mirror Freeview to Roku From Windows PC
1. Initially, connect your Windows PC and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Open a web browser and visit the official website of Freeview.
3. Hit the TV Guide tab from the home screen.
4. From the TV guide, choose any show you want to watch.
5. Next, hit the Play button.
6. Now, press the Windows+K keys on your keyboard. This opens the Connect window.
7. From the Connect window, select your Roku device.
8. You can now see your Windows PC’s screen mirrored to Roku.
9. Go back to Freeview’s official webpage and mirror your favorites to Roku.
Alternatives to Freeview on Roku
The following are the alternatives to Freeview on Roku:
Frequently Asked Questions
The Freeview app is currently available only for access in the United Kingdom. Therefore, if you are outside the UK, you need to use a VPN.