Are you a hardcore gamer like me? Then, let me tell you how awesome it was to play Resident Evil 4 on my Roku TV. If you have a Nintendo Wii gaming console, you can connect it to your Roku TV and play your favorite games.
Do the wires and ports on Wii and Roku TV confuse you? It does me too, but somehow I managed to connect the console to my TV. It is very easy to set up, you need to connect the console to the TV using either an HDMI cable or an RCA cable.
After connecting the console to the TV, you must tweak some settings on your Roku TV to play Wii games. Then, you can experience some unique features like group play and a wide range of games & modes.
In this article, you will learn how to connect the Wii console and play your favorite games on your Roku TV.
Popular Games Available on Wii
Below are the popular games available on Wii.
- Just Dance
- The Last Story
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Resident Evil 4
- Dead Space
- No More Heroes 2
- Monster Hunter Tri
- Red Steel 2
- Kirby’s Return to Dream Land
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
How to Connect Nintendo Wii to Roku TV Using HDMI
You can connect the Wii console to Roku TV using the HDMI cable.
1. Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your Roku TV.
2. Plug the other end of the cable into the Wii gaming console.
3. Now, turn on your Roku TV and Nintendo Wii.
4. Now, grab your Roku TV remote and press the Home button.
5. Navigate to Settings and choose TV inputs.
6. Choose the HDMI input to which the Wii console is connected.
7. Tap rename and type the name as Wii. Then, tap OK.
8. Head back to the Roku screen. You will see the HDMI input titled Wii.
9. Change to Wii input to display the Wii tab.
Now, you can select a game and play it on your Roku TV.
How to Connect Wii to Roku TV Using AV Cable
Some of the Roku TVs have RCA ports. On such TVs, you can connect the Wii console to the RCA color ports on your Roku TV.
1. First, connect all the respective cables to your Wii device and connect it to a power source.
2. Connect the AV component cable from your Nintendo Wii to your Roku TV.
Note: Connect the component cable on your Roku TV based on the respective colors – White, Red, and Yellow.
3. Turn on both your Roku TV and Nintendo Wii console.
4. Press the Home button on your Roku remote control.
5. Select the Settings option on the Roku home screen.
6. Tap on TV input and choose AV from the list,
7. Click on the Set up input option from the list.
8. With the AV signal your Roku TV will recognize your Wii system.
9. After that, press the Home button on your remote.
10. Tap on the Right button on your remote and select the Wii tab.
11. Now, you can follow the on-screen prompts and play games on your Roku TV using Nintendo Wii.
That’s all, guys! You have successfully connected your Nintendo Wii to your Roku TV.
Note: If you are a gamer, you can also check out Roblox on Roku. With it, you can play 100+ games in one place.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cable may be defective. Try to connect the Wii console to the TV using a different cable. Also, ensure that your Roku TV is set to the correct input settings.
If you don’t have an HDMI cable, you can use the RCA cable to connect the Wii console to your Roku TV.
If your Roku TV shows a black screen or white screen, it is due to the wrong input settings on your TV. Change the input setting from a component signal to a standard AV signal.