The MTV Video Music Awards is an award show. The show awards recognition to the best in the music video medium and is presented by the MTV cable channel. The MTV Video Music Award was originally planned to be an alternative to the Grammy Awards in the video category. But no one expected that the award would become as famous as the “Super Bowl.” Later, it was renamed as “Super Bowl for Youth” in recognition of its ability to draw millions of youth every year. You can watch MTV Video Music Awards on streaming devices like Roku, Firestick, Apple TV, and other devices.
The MTV Video Music Award was first held in 1984 in New York. Seventeen years later, the award show has become one of the most coveted awards in the music industry. The award represents the statue of an astronaut on the moon holding an MTV flag in his hand. The show will be held every year either in late August or mid-September.
How to Watch MTV Video Music Awards on Roku
(1) Press Home on your Roku remote.
(2) Choose Streaming Channels and select Search Channel.
(3) Type MTV using the virtual keyboard on the search bar and select the MTV app.
(4) Select Add channel and select OK to confirm.
Add MTV on Roku Using Website
(1) Open a web browser on a PC and visit the Roku Channel Store.
(2) Select Sign in and type your Roku account details.
(3) Enter MTV on the Search Channels bar and choose MTV from the suggestion list.
(4) Click on Add channel to add MTV on Roku.
Activate MTV on Roku
(1) Open your MTV app on Roku.
(2) You will see an Activation code on the screen.
(3) From any other device, open a browser and visit https://www.mtv.com/activate.
(4) Enter the Activation Code in the given field and select Continue.
(5) On the sign-in page, enter your TV provider account login credentials.
(6) Your MTV app will be activated on Roku.
Watch MTV Video Music Awards on Roku
(1) Launch your MTV app on Roku.
(2) Select the Search icon and enter MTV Video Music Awards on the search bar.
(3) Choose the MTV Video Music Awards you want to watch.
(4) Play it and watch it on the larger screen.
In order to maximize the ratings, MTV decided to use the “roadblock strategy” to simulcast MTV Video Music Awards across MTV’s sister networks. These sister networks are available on streaming services like DIRECTV STREAM, fuboTV, Philo, Sling TV, and other services. You can also watch shows, news, and other exciting content on these services.
Use the below comments section to post the queries related to this guide.