Sling is a subscription-based streaming service that streams more than 100s channels and 1000s of on-demand shows in its package. The service is way cheaper than the price of a Cable TV provider and offers a cool collection of channels. To watch the Sling TV channels on your Roku, you can easily install the app from the channel store and activate it on your device. You can also cast and screen mirror Sling from Android and iOS to your Roku device.
What’s on Sling TV
- Sling TV is free from contracts and cancellation fees.
- Sling offers more than 40+ add-on packages with 65000 hours of on-demand shows, lifestyle, comedy, etc.
- You can customize the channel lineup and stream your favorite channels.
- Users can stream from more than 100,000 on-demand collections of Sling.
- It supports cloud DVR for recording TV shows and live coverage.
How Much Does Sling TV Cost on Roku
The Sling TV offers three different premium packages for streaming.
- This plan costs $40/ month, and you can stream Sling TV on one device at a time.
- It supports 31+ channels with additional add-on channels of Sling.
- Some of the popular channels of Sling orange are AMC, ESPN, CNN, Disney, Cartoon Network, Comet, HGTV, etc.
- Using Sling Orange, you can record and save your TV shows and live coverage in its 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage. (Extra DVR space can be purchased by paying $5/ month.)
- It is priced at $40/ month, and you can stream on three devices all at once.
- Sling Blue subscription supports 41 channels and supports channel add-ons in its package.
- Some of the popular channels of the package are Fox, Travel Channel, NBC, A&E, NFL, History Channel, and more.
- Stream on three devices simultaneously.
- You can get to use the 50-hour DVR space on Sling Blue to record your Live and TV shows. (For $5/ month, you can avail of the extra 200-hour DVR space on your package.)
Orange & Blue
- Sling Orange & Blue is a combination of both Sling TV packages.
- The premium cost of $55/ month with access to 47 channels.
- You can stream some of the popular and on-demand sports channels like ESPN, FOX Sports, Food Network, etc.
- Users can stream 1-3 devices simultaneously on Sling Orange & Blue.
- The premium comes with 50 hours of cloud DVR storage.
To subscribe to Sling TV, you can visit the Sling TV Official Website [www.sling.com/].
You can also get to avail of the Sling Free package to stream Live TV channels and TV shows of the service for free with ads.
How to Install Sling TV on Roku
1: Press the Home button and open the Roku home screen.
2: To open the Channel Store, select the Streaming Channels option.
3: Then, choose the Search Channels menu on the screen.
4: On the search box, type Sling TV and search for the app.
5: Choose the Sling TV app and click on Add Channel button on the right.
6: Wait for the channel to be installed on your Roku device.
How to Activate Sling TV on Roku
To stream the Sling TV channel on your Roku, you need to activate the service first on your Roku device.
1: Open the Sling TV app on your Roku device in the Channels section.
2: Now select the Sign in button if prompted.
3: You will get an Activation code on your Roku.
4: Now open a web browser on a PC or Smartphone and visit the Sling TV activation website. (www.sling.com/activate)
5: Enter the code you saw on your TV into the website and click on the Continue button.
6: Then, enter the login details asked on the website to finish the activation.
7: Now go to the Sling TV app on Roku and start streaming any channels.
Alternative Method to Stream Sling TV
If you can’t find the Sling channel on Roku, you can use the Casting and Screen mirroring method to stream Sling channels on Roku.
How to Cast Sling TV from Android
Before casting the channel, you need to enable the screen mirroring on your Roku device.
1: Connect the Android and Roku devices to the same WiFi network.
2: Now install the Sling TV app from the Google Play Store.
3: Swipe and open the Notification Panel on your Android device.
4: Then click on the Cast icon from the Notification Panel.
5: From the list of available devices, select your Roku device.
6: Now, open the Sling TV app and sign in to your account.
8: Then, choose any content you want and cast it on your Roku.
How to Screen Mirror Sling TV from iOS
First, you need to enable the AirPlay settings on your Roku device to mirror any content from iOS to Roku.
1: First, connect both your iOS and Roku devices to the same WiFi network.
2: Now install the Sling TV app on your iOS device.
3: Open the Control center on your device and click on the Screen mirroring option below.
4: Then select your Roku from the list of available devices for mirroring.
5: Enter the passcode on the respected field if prompted. (You can find the passcode on your TV screen)
5: Then open the Sling TV app and sign in with your account.
6: Select a show or Channel and start mirroring it on your Roku device.
How to Logout Sling TV on Roku
Sling only supports three consecutive streams on its premium. If the limit is reached, or you need to sign in to the subscription on other devices, you need to sign out of Sling first. To sign out,
1: Launch the Sling TV channel on Roku.
2: Then select the Settings tab from the top of the screen.
3: Next, choose the Account option.
4: Now, click on the Sign-out button.
Finally, you have logged out of the Sling TV app.
How to Cancel Sling TV on Roku
If you need a break or you didn’t get satisfied with the service of Sling, you can cancel your subscription anytime using the official website of Sling or using the Roku device.
1: On the home screen, navigate and select the Channels option on the screen.
2: Hover over the Sling TV app and press the * (Asterisk) button on your Roku remote.
3: On the pop-up, click on the Manage Subscription option.
4: Choose the Cancel Subscription option.
5: Then again, tap on the Cancel Subscription option to cancel your subscription to Sling TV.
You may face a Sling TV not loading issue on Roku if you have an internet problem. So, check for internet connectivity. If the problem persists, then restart Sling TV on Roku.