Are you looking for the best channel to stream IPL on Roku? IPL is short for the Indian Premier League, one of the most popular leagues in Cricket. It is a domestic Twenty20 cricket league in India. The BCCI launched IPL in 2007. This annual Cricket league happens from March to May every year. Players from all countries are selected under different teams through an auction. It has 8 teams under different franchises named under different Indian cities. The 2021 IPL started on 9 April and is scheduled to end by 30 May.
IPL on Roku with Hotstar
Hotstar or Disney + Hotstar is an Indian on-demand content streaming platform. Apart from India, it streams in the US, UK, Indonesia, Canada, and Singapore. It is the home of unlimited entertainment. It streams movies, series, shows, and sports. Similarly, it streams the Indian Premier League as well. Disney + Hotstar has the worldwide digital rights of the IPL from 2015.
How to add Hotstar on Roku to Stream IPL?
We need the Hotstar to stream IPL on Roku. On that context, let’s add Hotstar on Roku.
1. Turn on your TV and connect the Roku device.
2. On your homescreen, select the Streaming Channels option.
3. Further, select the Search Channel option.
4. Using the virtual keyboard, search for the Hotstar channel.
5. Further, choose the Hotstar app from the list.
6. On the overview page, select the Add Channel button.
7. Wait for the download to finish.
8. Finally, click on the OK option.
How to Activate Hotstar on Roku?
We need to activate the Hotstar before, we can stream IPL. Before starting the activation, Sign Up with Hotstar at www.hotstar.com. If you have a subscription, then let’s begin.
1. Launch the new Hotstar channel on the home screen.
2. The activation page appears with the Activation code. Please note down the code.
3. From a web browser on your PC or phone, visit hotstar.com/activate.
4. Enter the activation code in the space provided.
5. Click on the Continue option.
6. Finally, Sign In with your credentials.
7. The home page of Hotstar appears on the TV screen.
Alternative way to stream IPL on Roku
Apart from Hotstar, we have two options to stream IPL. The Willow and Now TV are the two options with IPL broadcasting rights.
Willow is a channel that streams Cricket in the Us and Canada. Also, they have the broadcasting rights of the IPL. You can get the Willow channel on the Roku Channel Store. However, to access its content, you need a pay television package. The American providers like Altice One, Xfinity, Spectrum, Optimum, Dish, and Fios have Willow. So, you need a subscription to one of these to watch the IPL on Roku.
Now TV is owned by Sky Sports. Sky Sports have the broadcasting rights for IPL in the UK. Get a Sky sports month Pass to get access to content on the Now TV. Apart from IPL, you can access Eleven Sky sports channels. The official app of Now TV is available on Roku.
With the Hotstar app on Roku, you can stream IPL. IPL is considered to be the grandest of all domestic cricket. You can see expert analysis of matches, interviews with teams and coaches, and pre-match and post-match analysis on Hotstar. The 2021 IPL is happening now, which is the right time of the year to add Hotstar. Have a great time watching IPL on Roku.