Xfinity Stream is a popular streaming platform that offers 250+ live TV channels. It also offers a lot of popular movies, TV shows, and on-demand content. Additionaly, with the DVR feature, you can record your favorites to stream them offline. Moreover, the Xfinity Stream app is supported on various streaming devices including Roku.
How Much is Xfinity Stream on Roku
You don’t need to pay for any kind of subscription to access the Xfinity Stream app. However, you will be needing an active account for either Xfinity TV or internet to access the Xfinity Stream app.
Note: To get the subscription to Xfinity TV or internet, you can visit its official website.
Does My Roku Supports the Xfinity Str eam App
The following are the Roku device models that support the Xfinity Stream app:
- All the latest Roku TV models
- Roku Ultra with model number 4340X or higher
- Roku Express with model number 3700X or higher
- Roku Premiere (3920X, 4620X)
- Roku Premiere Plus (3921X, 4630X)
- Roku 2 (4210X)
- Roku 3 (4200X, 4230X)
- Roku 4 (4400X)
- Roku Streaming Stick (3600X, 3800X)
- Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810X)
- Roku Streaming Stick 4K (3820X)
- Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ (3821X)
- Roku Soundbar (9100X)
- Roku Streambar (9102X)
How to Get Xfinity Stream on Roku
There are two ways to add the Xfinity Stream app on Roku. They are:
Add Xfinity Stream on Roku Directly
1. Turn on and connect Roku to wifi.
2. From the Roku home screen, select the Streaming Channels option from the left pane.
3. On the next screen, choose the Search Channels option.
4. Use the virtual keyboard to enter and search for the Xfinity Stream app.
5. From the search result, choose the Xfinity Stream app.
6. Next, hit the Add Channel button from the channel info page.
7. Once the installation process is over, select the OK button from the prompt.
8. On the next screen, hit the Go to Channel option to launch the Xfinity Stream app.
How to Add Xfinity Stream on Roku using a Web Browser
As a Roku user, you also have the option to add the Xfinity Stream app remotely using a web browser. For that, you can use the steps below to do the same.
1. Open a web browser on your Smartphone or PC.
2. Visit the official website of the Roku Channel Store.
3. Select Sign in button from the home screen and enter your Roku account credentials to sign in to your account.
4. After that, click on the Search channels field and enter Xfinity Stream. Then, search for the Xfinity Stream app.
5. From the search results, select the Xfinity Stream app.
6. Next, click on the Add Channel button.
7. After the process, it will take up to 24 hours for the Xfinity Stream app to add to your Roku.
In case you don’t want to wait too long to add the channel, then update Roku to the latest version. This will help the Xfinity Stream app to add to your channels grid immediately.
How to Activate and Watch Xfinity Stream on Roku
1. Launch the Xfinity Stream app after installing it.
2. Next, select the Sign In button and generate an activation code.
3. Note the activation code displayed on the screen.
4. On a web browser on your smartphone or PC, visit the activation webpage of Xfinity Stream.
5. Enter the activation code on the required field and hit the Continue button.
6. Next, sign in with your Xfinity TV or internet account to activate the Xfinity Stream app.
7. After that, restart the Xfinity Stream app and start streaming your favorite movies or series.
How to Watch Xfinity Stream on Roku By Screen Mirroring
In case your Roku is not compatible with the Xfinity Stream app, you can install the app on your Android or iOS devices and mirror it to Roku.
Screen Mirror Xfinity Stream from Android Devices
Initially, enable the screen mirroring on Roku and follow the steps below:
1. Connect your Android device and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Next, open the Google Play Store and install the Xfinity Stream app.
3. Now, open the Xfinity Stream app and sign in with your subscription account.
4. Go to the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
5. Next, from the list of available devices, select your Roku device. This will mirror your Android devcie’s screen to Roku.
6. After that, go back to the Xfinity Stream app and mirror its content to your TV.
Screen Mirror Xfinity Stream from iOS Devices
First, turn on the AirPlay on Roku and follow the steps below:
1. Ensure that you have connected your iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. From the App Store, install the Xfinity Stream app.
3. Next, go to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Now, you can see your iOS device’s screen on your Roku.
6. After that, launch the Xfinity Stream app and sign in with your subscription account.
6. Choose your favorite and watch them on your Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
In case the Xfinity Stream app is not working on Roku, try troubleshooting your internet connectivity to fix the issue
To uninstall the Xfinity Stream app, go to Roku home screen and hit the Right button on your remote. Then, choose the Xfinity Stream app from the channels grid and hit the Remove channel button. This uninstalls the Xfinity Stream app on your device.