|Yes | Add Channel
|What You Can Watch on NBC
|live TV & TV Shows
NBC on Roku is a one-stop for wholesome entertainment where you can get popular movies & series of different genres, live news, sports, and more without any buffering issues. Since the channel is officially available on Roku, it makes it easier to install the app on Roku. NBC does not have any standard subscription plan to stream its content. You need to access your TV Provider or live TV streaming service to watch its content on Roku. From this article, you will learn how to download and activate the NBC app on your Roku-connected/powered TV.
How to Install the NBC App on Roku
Before proceeding to download the app, make sure to create an NBC account by visiting its official website.
1. Turn on Roku and press the Home button on your remote.
2. Select the Streaming Channels from the left pane.
3. Next, navigate to Search Channels and select it.
4. Type NBC using the virtual keyboard and search for it.
5. Choose NBC from the suggestion list.
6. Click on Add channel and wait until the channel gets added.
7. Click on Go to Channel option to launch NBC.
How to Activate NBC on Roku’
After downloading the NBC app, you need to activate the service to stream its content on your Roku-connected/powered TV.
1. Launch the NBC app on your Roku and select the Sign In button.
2. Make a note of the code prompted on the NBC app on your TV.
3. Now, visit the NBC activation website [https://www.nbc.com/nbcuniversalfamily/activate] from the browser on your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the code you have noted and click the Continue button.
5. After that, choose your cable TV provider name and sign in to the respective account.
6. Finally, restart the NBC app on your Roku TV and start streaming your favorite content.
How to AirPlay NBC on Roku
If you can’t install the NBC app on your Roku device, you can access the AirPlay method to stream the NBC content without installing the app. To do this, you must enable the AirPlay feature on your Roku device.
1. Open the App Store on your smartphone and search for the NBC app.
2. Locate the official NBC app and hit the Get button on the App Store to install the app on your iPhone/iPad.
3. Connect your Roku to a WIFI where your iPhone is connected.
4. Now, launch the NBC app and log in with your credentials.
5. Play your favorite content and open the Control Center on your iPhone/iPad.
5. Select the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Roku device from the available devices.
6. Now, play the NBC content on the iPhone and watch it on the TV.
How to Watch NBC on Roku Without Cable
If you don’t have an active TV Provider account, you can use your streaming service to watch NBC on Roku without cable. Most of the streaming services offer NBC in their channel lineup. Some of the popular streaming services are listed in the table below.
How to Fix the NBC App Not Working on Roku
Sometimes, the NBC application on your Roku device may not work properly due to various reasons,
- Poor internet connection
- Corrupted cache
- Temporary bugs on the device
- Outdated NBC app or Roku firmware
Regardless of the issue, try the following solutions one after another to rectify the issue.
- Try restarting your Roku device to clear the temporary bugs on your Roku.
- Try clearing the cache files on your Roku device.
- Update the software on your Roku device to eliminate the bugs from the last update.
- Try reinstalling the app on your Roku device.
- If the issue persists, reset your Roku and go through the setup process from scratch. After setting up the device, install the NBC app again and configure the credentials.
Yes, you can cancel the subscription on Roku.
No, NBC does not offer any free trial.