9Anime is a free streaming website to watch plenty of anime content on supported devices. Unfortunately, you can’t access 9Anime on Roku due to the lack of a web browser on the Channel Store. Yet, you can stream free anime content on Roku devices by screen mirroring it from a smartphone and PC. For screen mirroring, you can use Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac devices.
With 9Anime, you can watch Anime titles in multiple languages like English, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish, and more. Also, the titles can be streamed in different resolutions like 360p, 480p, 720p, and 1080p.
In this article, we have explained all the possible ways to screen mirror the 9Anime content on your Roku-powered streaming devices and Smart TVs.
Note – Due to various DMCA issues and copyright infringements, 9Anime has changed its name to Aniwave.
Is 9Anime Legal?
No. 9Anime is not legal since the contents available on this website do not have a proper license, and it does not share any revenue with the copyright holders. So, use a VPN on Roku while streaming content on these types of platforms so that you can avoid legal troubles.
Important Note: We do not promote or endorse streaming any copyrighted content. Also, this article is only for information purposes. We advise you to access Crunchyroll on Roku to stream Anime content without any copyright issues.
How to Screen Mirror 9Anime on Roku Using Android & Windows
To screen Windows and Android devices, you need to enable the screen mirroring feature on Roku. The process doesn’t require the installation of third-party apps. After enabling the setting, ensure that your Roku and casting device are connected to the same WiFi network.
Screen Mirroring From Android Devices
1. On your Android device, open a web browser.
2. Visit the official website of 9Anime.
3. Pull down the Notification Panel on your smartphone and click on Cast.
4. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Select Allow on Roku when prompted, and your Android device’s screen will be mirrored on Roku.
6. Play the content on the 9Anime web page and enjoy watching it on your TV.
Screen Mirroring From Windows
1. On your Windows PC or desktop, open a browser and visit the official website of 9Anime.
2. Click on the Action Center icon and select the Connect tile. Or, press the Windows + K keys to open the tab.
3. Choose your Roku device on the Connect window.
4. Choose any anime you want and enjoy streaming it on Roku.
How to Screen Mirror 9Anime on Roku Using iPhone & Mac
For iPhone, iPad, and Mac, you need to enable AirPlay on Roku. The latest models of Roku devices and Smart TVs are powered with the AirPlay 2 functionality. Just like the previous method, ensure that both devices are connected to the same network.
1. Open a web browser on your iPhone and visit the official website of 9Anime.
2. Go to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. From the list of available devices, select your Roku device.
4. If required, enter the AirPlay Passcode and press the OK button on your iPhone.
Note: The AirPlay Passcode will display on your Roku TV’s screen.
5. The contents on the screen will be mirrored to Roku.
6. Start watching your favorite content on Roku.
1. Open a browser on your Mac and visit the 9Anime website.
2. Open Control Center on Mac and tap the Screen Mirroring option. On older MacOS versions, tap the AirPlay icon on the menu bar.
3. Choose your Roku device and allow permission to mirror the Mac screen.
4. Now, play an anime title on Roku and watch it on your Roku-connected TV.
Alternatives for 9Anime
If you had issues accessing 9Anime content on Roku due to geo-restriction, you can try the below alternatives to watch the free Anime titles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. 9Anime is banned in various countries because of its working nature. But, it can be accessed with the help of a VPN.
No. 9Anime doesn’t offer any application for Roku or any other devices.