The 2022-2023 season of the NHL already began on October 7, 2022, and the regular season is set to conclude on April 13, 2023. The playoffs games are not yet scheduled but 16 teams out of the total 32 teams are set to make the playoffs after the end of the regular season. The NFL games are streaming on cable TV channels like ESPN, TSN, and ABC. Also, you can access the NHL Network live on your Roku by installing the NHL app.
Can you Get NHL on Roku
Yes, the official NFL app is made available in the Roku Channel Store. So, you can easily watch the NHL games on your Roku.
How Much is NFL on Roku
To access the NHL app, you need to get a subscription. Additionally, there are two subscription plans offered by NHL.
- Monthly Subscription: $14.99 per month
- Season Subscription: $99.99 per month
You need to visit the official website of NHL to get a subscription.
How to Add NHL on Roku
1. Choose the Streaming Channels option from your home screen.
2. From the menu, select the Search Channels option.
3. Type and search for the NHL channel.
4. From the search results, choose the NHL tile.
5. On the next screen, select the Add Channel option.
6. After the app installation is complete, select the OK button from the prompt.
7. Next, select the Go to Channel option to launch the NHL channel.
8. Select the Sign In button to get the activation code.
9. Go to the activation webpage of NHL on any web browser.
10. Sign in with your subscription account.
11. Enter the activation code and hit the Continue button.
12. Now, the NHL app on your Roku will be activated.
13. You can now go back to the NHL app and stream your favorite NHL games live.
Alternative Method – How to Screen Mirror NHL to Roku
The NHL app is available for your Android and iOS devices. So, if you have installed the NHL app on these supported devices, you can screen mirror the app to Roku.
Screen Mirror NHL to Roku from Android Devices
1. Install the NHL app from the Google Play Store.
2. Make sure you have connected your Roku and Android devices to the same wifi network.
3. Next, go to the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
4. Now, choose your Roku device.
6. Launch the NHL app and sign in to your account.
7. Finally, play any sports match to watch on your Roku.
Screen Mirror NHL to Roku from iOS Devices
Enable the AirPlay feature on your Roku and follow the steps below.
1. From the App Store, install the NHL app.
2. Ensure you have connected your iOS device to the Wi-Fi network as same as your Roku device.
3. Next, swipe your iOS device’s screen from up to down to bring the Control Center.
4. Then, tap on the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Roku device.
5. Launch the NHL app and enter your subscription credentials to log in to your account.
6. Finally, the NHL app will be mirrored on your Roku TV.
How to Watch NHL on Roku without Cable
The NFL games are streaming on cable TV channels like ESPN, TSN, and ABC. You can get all of these channels in on-place with supported streaming services.
If you are a sports fan, fuboTV is a must-have platform. It is the only streaming service that offers the most popular sports channels. Moreover, you only need to subscribe to fuboTV’s Pro plan at $69.99 per month to get all the sports channels that stream the NHL games.
Sling TV is one of the affordable choices to stream NHL games. To get the sports channels that stream the NHL games, you need to subscribe to the Sling Orange+Sling Blue plan at $50 per month.
With Hulu, you can get ESPN+, ABC, and TSN channels. For that, you need to get the Disney Bundle plan (Hulu(No Ads)+Live TV) at $75.99 per month). Additionally, you will get unlimited cloud DVR storage to record your favorite shows.
YouTube TV also offers all the sports channels that stream NHL games. The subscription will cost you $69.99 per month. Moreover, you will also get unlimited cloud DVR storage with the subscription.
You can use the free trial offered by the supported streaming services to watch the NHL games on Roku for free.